Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessments

Hi I'm really sorry if i have started this in the wrong place,but i feel as if i am going round in circles....what a way to spend a snow day! Brief background my manager left at the begining of the year and we are still trying to sort out all of the paper work. I was just wondering what risk assessments you make/write down as this area is still a bt of a mess to be honest and everone at my setting has conflicting ideas on this.However,we are due ofsted soon and i'd hate our good practise to be over shadowed by something we could have prevented! Thank you for all your help in advance x

Hello angwalker.

When we first moved to our new premises we did a full risk assessment of the whole area.

We also do risk assessments for new activities that we haven't tried before, obviously for outings/planned walks, we have a daily checklist of all the areas that need to be checked before children come in ie outdoors, toilets etc, a risk assessment for any changes in the setting, if a child with with spercific needs joins, and every term the one that comes from the Insurance company is completed.

At the end of each half term a risk review is completed on all accident forms incase there is a particular area that lots of accidents take place, this is accompanied by an action plan detailing what we can do to reduce them.

I have probably missed something but that is all I can think of off the top of my head!! :o

we had one for fire drills too.. as it is leaving the setting.. with details of what we will do /where we will go if we cannot return to the building.

we also checked the accident book and if something reoccurs we risk asses that too.. ( we had a tree trunk child children kept hitting their head on so did one for that.. )

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)