Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Heuristic Play

Hi, I would like to do heuristic play with my two year olds.

Does anyone know what would be good resources for this and how much do I neeed?

I would lreally welcome some experienced advice and ideas

thanks

Sunshine :o

My children have really loved a basket full of indian bangles and a few wooden kitchen roll poles, glass jars with lids and buttons other ideas are cardboard tubes, boxes, large baskets of keys ( i got a huge box full from my local hardware store), wooden curtain rings, lengths of chain etc. I think the more of the same resources you have the better - eg. i've had a collection of a 8 bangles in the treasure basket that have been ignored yet when i offered a basket of about 60 all the children have played with them. I'm not sure what sort of setting your in, I'm a childminder so a bit different for me but if I was in a setting I would remove all the toys and create a sectioned off area and place the materials in accessible baskets and then just observe how the children use them and play alongside them following their lead.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)