Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Florida

Hi can anyone help please?

We are considering going to Florida for 2 weeks in summer but not sure where would be best to stay and also best value.

It would only be 2 adults so I presume its best just to have room in hotel and not have an apartment that all seem to be at least 2 bedroomed.

Which is best area to stay and is it advisable to purchase a pass for a week for all the theme parks, shows etc. Also want to relax so dont want to be at the attractions all the time. Has anyone been recently ?

Thank you

It is not always the case that a hotel room is better value than a small apartment in Florida as the apartments are often self catering and have better kitchen facilities and less frequent cleaning so costs are lower and you can save on eating. I am a Florida addict but don't want to bore everyone on here so if you would like any advice from me by email please feel free to PM me. I promise to stop if you say you have heard enough :-)!

It is not always the case that a hotel room is better value than a small apartment in Florida as the apartments are often self catering and have better kitchen facilities and less frequent cleaning so costs are lower and you can save on eating. I am a Florida addict but don't want to bore everyone on here so if you would like any advice from me by email please feel free to PM me. I promise to stop if you say you have heard enough :-)!

My husband and I went to Florida for our honeymoon a few years ago. We rented a villa in kissamee which was only about 10/15 minutes from the main parks. We found this a cheaper option than staying in a hotel and it also meant that we had our own pool!

We also went with travel city direct 2 summers ago.

Excellent value.

Took the children and stayed on International Drive.

Really close to theme parks and the water parks (for relaxing days)

Hotel also had a pool so we took lots of time to chill.

Ate out so just hotel room was fine.

Had stayed in Tampa previous to that but found the drive to disney etc cumbersome.

Enjoy.

Florida is FAB

Hot. Stormy, frequent showers but very soon dries in the heat. We went in August once its very hot but at the theme parks there is always water sprouting from somewhere, everywhere is air conditioned and theres the pool to keep dipping into, or the sea if you're close enough.

I have replied to the 2 PMs I have had but I just wanted to let you all know that Travel City Direct went bust last summer. They may be operating again but if you cannot find anything about them on the web that might be why. Actually just checked myself and it seems they may be in existence again but I think they are now part of the Virgin group.

I was in florida over the Christmas break (cruised for the first time from Miami which was amazing and would recommend over and over to everyone) and spent some time in Miami and Orlando. I would say from my very limited experience that it may depend upon where you want to go and what you want to do. When we were in Orlando we stayed in a villa near Kissamee and were about 15 mins from the parks. It was very reasonably priced, had a lovely pool and lake view. I would definitley recommend them.

However in Miami I was glad we were in a hotel because its obviously more of a city type place (with lovely beaches).

It will be very hot in the summer, we were in Disney for New Year and during the day were in summer clothes! And thats in winter.

Hope this helps a little

Amanda