Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sonic Cat Scarers

Kazz

:o I really need to get rid of cats in my FS/YR1 garden, They have 'poohd' in the sand AND on top of the cover and I am desperate to give my children access to their sand pit as soon as possible. I have been asked to find prices for cat scarers but Iwas wondering if anyone could recommend a really effective one? I hope that I've posted this in the correct place ,

Thanks in advance , Kazz

Kaz,

Do you want me to move this into the main forum area where all members can see it and respond? At the moment only those people in your LA would be able to so you might not get many replies. :o

Speaking for myself, we got one of those for our garage to keep our own cats out. They were always going into the garage and getting shut in overnight. However, it didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever!

Kaz,

Do you want me to move this into the main forum area where all members can see it and respond? At the moment only those people in your LA would be able to so you might not get many replies. :o

Speaking for myself, we got one of those for our garage to keep our own cats out. They were always going into the garage and getting shut in overnight. However, it didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever!

We have an infra-red one on our wall - to stop one of our own cats going on the house roof (had to be rescued by the window cleaner, long story!) The box is quite small and battery operated. Gives out a sound that only cats can hear when they break the beam and they don't like it. Was about £30 from a local pet shop, have seen them in other places like the big pet supermarkets. Hope that helps!

Hi what is a smelly problem!!!!

Old wifes idea but it works well!!!!! Mustard powder is fab. Sprinkle around garden especially fence area/boundary and around the pit not in.

Hope this helps.

Kat-x-

A while ago, I asked about electronic cat scarers on here. I have bought one from the RSPB - you can see it online. Mine is battery operated and emits a high pitch sound (not heard by humans) and flashes when a cat gets into the garden. Our garden is roughly 50ft x 50ft and since putting one in, we haven't had any cats in the garden (there are cats both sides of us) ....unfortunately, I can't remember seeing any squirrels either. We have a fox that comes in and he isn't put off by the scarer.

Hope this helps.

Sue J