Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Buddying Project

Hi is anyone going to the launch day of the buddying project tomorrow 26th?

Look forward to hearing more about it..... its going to be a awesome project!

Oh, thought I'd put this in the Kent section..... but here goes...

Kent have decided to follow up their Early Years projects in 4 areas including ours, Gravesham. At Riverview we are already taking part in the "Well being and Involvement" project and their "CLLD Phonics into early Reading and Writing" project and are being encouraged to join in with a "buddying project". All of these have been fully funded.

In Gravesham there are 56 schools and settings (Birth to the end of FS). They are going to split us, which include Reception classes, into 4 areas who will buddy up and work together to improve outcomes in the Early Years.

At Riverview Infant School we took children into our Reception Class from 23 settings this year, so for us it will be a great opportunity to work with them for the benefit of the children.

The project is to include someone from each setting attending one day a month training to become the project leader within their setting and to train the rest of the staff on effective practice within the EYFS and improve outcomes in CLLD and PHE. As well as other things, they will have 10 sessions with their children in "The Forest School" at our local country Park.

This project will be based on the work of the Forest School, Reggio Emilia, artists and musicians.

It is a huge investment and committment by Kent and I'm sure will be of great benefit to all of us who take part.

The launch day is tomorrow so will know more then.

Hi Beau

Yes it was meant to be in Kent but seeing the response I think people in other authorities will be interested in this project. I'll post my first thread in Kent myself so it can be left here too.

Thanks

Cherry

Oh, thought I'd put this in the Kent section..... but here goes...

Kent have decided to follow up their Early Years projects (in 4 areas including ours, Gravesham). At Riverview we are already taking part in the "Well being and Involvement" project and their "CLLD Phonics into early Reading and Writing" project and are being encouraged to join in with a "buddying project". All of these have been fully funded.

In Gravesham there are 56 schools and settings (Birth to the end of FS). They are going to split us, which include Reception classes, into 4 areas who will buddy up and work together to improve outcomes in the Early Years.

At Riverview Infant School we took children into our Reception Class from 23 settings this year, so for us it will be a great opportunity to work with them for the benefit of the children.

The project is to include someone from each setting attending one day a month training to become the project leader within their setting and to train the rest of the staff on effective practice within the EYFS and improve outcomes in CLLD and PHE. As well as other things, they will have 10 sessions with their children in "The Forest School" at our local country Park.

This project will be based on the work of the Forest School, Reggio Emilia, artists and musicians.

It is a huge investment and committment by Kent and I'm sure will be of great benefit to all of us who take part.

The launch day is tomorrow so will know more then.

Brilliant - it sounds quite fun as well as interesting. Please do let us know how it goes and of any interesting aspects, ideas or articles you find on your way.

I've had a little too much on recently, so haven't taken part in anything extra.

Keep in touch - cirhossa1 :o

Hi Beau

Yes it was meant to be in Kent but seeing the response I think people in other authorities will be interested in this project. I'll post my first thread in Kent myself so it can be left here too.

Thanks

Cherry

That's fine then Cherry. :o

For Your Information:-

Staffordshire have just put in place a Buddying Project Officer :o

Oooh, I was just going to say that! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)