Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Light Panels

Hi all, Just doing alittle bit of the old planning and wondered if anyone has any ideas for resources to use with a flat light panel. We also have 3 posts in a triangle shape outside in the yard. They are about 2 metres apart and we usually loop rope through them to make dens or reading area and also washing line for numbers and clothes. I am waiting for some perspex being delivered to fasten to 2 of them to allow children to paint onto and spread gloop etc on but wondered if anyone has any ideas for the posts? Cheers :o

You could make an abacus on the posts? I'm not sure exactly how you do it.. HappyMaz will be able to help you there though!

Mrs Weasley

We used ball pond balls strung onto strong string between two rails. We tried threading them onto dowel but they split if we used thick dowel and the children snapped the dowel if we used thin...

Hi all, Just doing alittle bit of the old planning and wondered if anyone has any ideas for resources to use with a flat light panel.

Light panel? As in light box but thinner and portable? Or something else? :o

Yes that is what it is and it is about A3 xD

Funnily enough we got ours out this week (I'm ashamed to say it had been rather neglected in our cupboard because our resources for it are somewhat lacking). The children particularly enjoyed the cellophane wrappers from our huge tin of Quality Street left over from Christmas. :o NES Arnold have a sale on at the moment so I've just ordered some sparkly letters so they can spell out some (small) words on it.

Apart from that, I've still got my thinking cap on!

Maz

Funnily enough we got ours out this week (I'm ashamed to say it had been rather neglected in our cupboard because our resources for it are somewhat lacking). The children particularly enjoyed the cellophane wrappers from our huge tin of Quality Street left over from Christmas. :o NES Arnold have a sale on at the moment so I've just ordered some sparkly letters so they can spell out some (small) words on it.

Apart from that, I've still got my thinking cap on!

Maz

Thanks anyway happy maz xD

We've put acetate on ours this week and the kids have been drawing treasure maps with whiteboard pens. Also sone shells, stones and beads. Bought a great 'light box pack' last year. I think it was from Reflections on Learning. Lots of stuff and ideas - also got a cool picture of a boy who on the light box you can see all the bones in his body.

Bought a great 'light box pack' last year. I think it was from Reflections on Learning. Lots of stuff and ideas - also got a cool picture of a boy who on the light box you can see all the bones in his body.

I shall be on the lookout for some new resources at the NW show on Saturday - the children have really enjoyed using the light box this week so it would be good to be able to offer them different experiences!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)