Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outstanding!

Allisonhunt

Well done Allison! You must be so proud of everything that you have done.

Can I be really really cheeky and ask you about your learning journeys and next steps planning that they were so impressed with? I am sure lots of us would be really interested to know more :o

Thank you so much for all your kind words and congratulations. Our Learning journeys include photo's, work that the children have done, notes, etc and we used these for planning next steps and highlighting on our 'Development Matters' sheets what a child has achieved. For example a photo supported the fact that a child held a pencil fist grip and evidence in our planning showed activities to develop pencil skills, the inspector was looking for planning that supported individual children. The Learning Journeys are also very parent friendly and already we have had a lot of praise from our parents. We also provide an individual profile for each child for the parent to write on and give feed back. But the main part was to ensure that you are planning for individual children.

When I completed our SEF I only awarded ourselves Good, I believed we were outstanding however I didn't want the inspector to feel that I wasn't open to advise, change or guidance in the future. The SEF always reflected how we will continue to strive for outstanding in the future and how we saw development as a positive key to better child care.

It is really worth looking at your Policies again and ensuring that they all link into the EYFS, I bought a copy of the Policy and Procedure book from the PSLA, it was really good and you can download all the templates and adapt them to your setting.

I hope some of this information helps, thanks again

Allison