Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery World Show 2009 - 23/24 January

HappyMaz

Right. I've decided to drive (doh assures me its fairly straightforward and it looks as if there is sufficient parking nearby). I haven't decided what time we need to leave, but it would be good to have a quick cup of tea before the seminar starts, so I'd like to get there for 9.30-ish if possible.

Taking car my means I can buy things I might like and not have to lug them back on the train... :o

Anyway, I think we should meet up before the seminar Peggy so we can have a chat beforehand - given that we'll need to listen attentively during the seminar. xD I downloaded the floor plan but unfortunately there is no detail on it so I can't see where the meeting place is, or where the likely coffee bars are. I think maybe there is one in this week's NW so I'll check that and get back to you.

Am getting quite excited now - just what I need, I think!

Maz

I'm going to the Nursery World show with a colleague. I wanted to pick your collective brains - I'm arriving

from the M4 and wondered if anyone can suggest somewhere to park so that I can get into central London

on bus tube or train. Don't feel brave enough to drive all the way in.

Thanks in advance

Caro

Hi Caro

You could park in Hammersmith (off A4 soon after M4 ends) at the shopping centre multi-storey or the big hotel car park that's open to the public. Then Piccadilly line to Kings Cross, Northern to Angel).

However, the drive to Islington is pretty straightforward really (I do it every day from Hammersmith). If you go to Hammersmith, go round the big roundabout and turn left up Shepherds Bush road; then go right round Shepherds Bush Common to another roundabout. Then left on the West Cross Route (signposted A40 Oxford, West End) and right on to the A40 Westway. Then it's straight along that road (becomes Marylebone Rd, then Euston Rd) until you turn left at Islington (BDC on your left about 200m up Upper Street). Have a look on a map - is your colleague ok at navigation?

Others may have better suggestions!

Good luck.

The organisers probably didn't realise it was that kind of event either! :(

I think the 'event' is what you make it surely. :(:(

Mrs Weasley, I shall save the 'table' for when you and mum can fit in a visit to my neck of the woods, table dancing compulsory, however, as I am sure all the cafe's will be teaming with lots of people either you or mum could dance on a table whilst partaking of your arrival cuppa, then I can find you more easily within the crowd. :wacko:

I now have this vision of a person jumping up and down, waving arms, on a table in the coffee shop wearing a very large red dot xD:o :rolleyes: (with a very red faced embarrased daughter hiding under the table whispering, "Mum please this is a 'professionals' event, behave accordingly please)

Happymaz, I do not posess a red dot, but will of course be wearing my FSF badge, and I may even bring my FSF mug for double identity. xD

Peggy

I think the 'event' is what you make it surely. :(:(

Mrs Weasley, I shall save the 'table' for when you and mum can fit in a visit to my neck of the woods, table dancing compulsory, however, as I am sure all the cafe's will be teaming with lots of people either you or mum could dance on a table whilst partaking of your arrival cuppa, then I can find you more easily within the crowd. :(

I now have this vision of a person jumping up and down, waving arms, on a table in the coffee shop wearing a very large red dot xD:oxD (with a very red faced embarrased daughter hiding under the table whispering, "Mum please this is a 'professionals' event, behave accordingly please)

Happymaz, I do not posess a red dot, but will of course be wearing my FSF badge, and I may even bring my FSF mug for double identity. :wacko:

Peggy

[/quote

could we not where a sticky red dot on entrance badge Marshie

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Not sure yet what I am going to do - will have to consult the maps.

I like the idea of parking up and using public transport, but then someone had to mention lugging things that

you might buy.... and then there was talk of dancing on tables...... what are we letting ourselves in for?

The search for red spots on badges is on

Caro

The search for red spots on badges is on

Red biro would do, Caro!

Have consulted my floor plan from this week's NW and to the left of the main entrance is a cafe so I think it would make a good meeting place where hopefully we'll be able to get a seat if we're early enough! What do you think?

Should we synchronise watches or something? I have just the one seminar and then the rest of the day is mine (although I might pop in and badger the CWDC straight after the SEF seminar... :o )

What is everyone else doing?

Maz

Red biro would do, Caro!

Have consulted my floor plan from this week's NW and to the left of the main entrance is a cafe so I think it would make a good meeting place where hopefully we'll be able to get a seat if we're early enough! What do you think?

Should we synchronise watches or something? I have just the one seminar and then the rest of the day is mine (although I might pop in and badger the CWDC straight after the SEF seminar... :o )

What is everyone else doing?

Maz

I looked at the floor plan on the website, couldn't even tell which end of the drawing was the main front entrance :(

On this map 'catering' is pictured on the right as you enter (aaaaah) see attached pdf., to the left is the Creche, is your cafe near the creche?????????

What time do the doors actually open, does anyone know? xD

Peggy

NW_floor_20plan.pdf

I looked at the floor plan on the website, couldn't even tell which end of the drawing was the main front entrance xD

On this map 'catering' is pictured on the right as you enter (aaaaah) see attached pdf., to the left is the Creche, is your cafe near the creche?????????

What time do the doors actually open, does anyone know? :o

Peggy

Entrance is at the other end from the creche - there's a cafe on the first floor above the entrance with lots of seats. Doors open 9.30.

Unfortunately I have my new bed being delivered that day, and I think my oh would have a coronary if I told me I was going out for the day leaving him to lay carpet, assemble bed and look after daughter! However it is tempting......

its not fair!!!! I can't Go!!!!!! :(:(:(

I wanted to dance on the tables with HappyMaz!!!!

To be truthful, what I really wanted to do was embarrass MrsWeasley and hear say the word "professionals"! :oxD

Entrance is at the other end from the creche - there's a cafe on the first floor above the entrance with lots of seats. Doors open 9.30.

Phew, glad you told me that, I'll be in the cafe on the first floor above the entrance then, time will be tight, getting in, finding each other and getting to first seminar for 10am. I will take my mobile (hope there is a signal) ensuring it's fully charged up and has credit (don't use it that often). I'll PM you my number so if we can't find each other phone me. :o

Peggy

I will take my mobile (hope there is a signal) ensuring it's fully charged up and has credit (don't use it that often). I'll PM you my number so if we can't find each other phone me. :o

Snap! I was just going to say the same Peggy. Great minds eh? xD

Maz