Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery World Show 2009 - 23/24 January

HappyMaz

Hi Happy maz i am planning to go to the show just booked ticket not sure about seminars Marshie

Welcome to the Forum marshie - it would be great to meet up. Although perhaps actually meeting some of us in person might put you off the Forum for life! :o

Maz

now now Peggy dont you go overdoing it - especially if M i about :oxD

Oh how rude! I thought you were my friend...

Peggy it would make my year if you were well enough to go - but no pressure! :(

We're going on Saturday.

Mx

Do you need to book

No, you can just turn up on the day, though pre-booking saves having to register at the door. You can pay cash for the seminars on the day too, so long as they are not full.

The CWDC talks are free to attend, by the way - you don't have to pay £10 for those!

Hi LizzieJ - I'm not sure whether I've welcomed you before!

Perhaps its just the website that isn't very clear - it is contained within the information about seminars which you need to pay for! On closer inspection they do only last 20 minutes so that does make more sense!

Thanks for pointing that out - don't feel so resentful now!

Maz

Thanks for your welcome. Hope you make it to the show

We'll be there on Saturday - MrsWeasley is booked onto the behaviour management course and the cooking one. I'm booked on the SEF one :o

Just need to decide whether to drive or go by train...

Maz

why dont they have these things in belfast??? or at the hotel beside the airport, then u could all come to mine and get a cup of tea!! xD

Is that an invitation for a selected few, or all 14,957 members? :o

Do you really mean 'thick and pungent' atmosphere, Sue? Reminds me of going to see Hawkwind some years ago... :o

OOOH!! Hawkwind! Now, then, that takes me back.......

And no, just 'laid back' - as in lying on cushions, in fringed corners - bit like being in a harem (not that I've ever been in one, of course xD )

And no, just 'laid back' - as in lying on cushions, in fringed corners - bit like being in a harem (not that I've ever been in one, of course :o )

Well that's a bit more reassuring, Sue. :(

Perhaps we should start the search for regional venues for our get-togethers? xD

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Well I happen to be in London that weekend with a friend. We decided we needed to get away for a couple of days without our respective hubbys!! We are going to matinee of Les Mis tho on the Saturday, but may be able to get to the exhibition first... have registered anyway!

Hi HappyMaz,

Well I've booked my ticket for the Nursery World Show, and into the SEF seminar, so I'll see you there.

We can arrange where to meet nearer the time.

Peggy

excellent Peggy glad your well enough to go - enjoy :o

Well if I'm honest, it's wishful thinking, I'm hoping I'll be ok by the end of the month, so I might arrive dosed up with medication (not that anyone could tell the difference :( ). Having something to look forward to should set me on the right track. xD

Peggy

I'm going to the Nursery World show with a colleague. I wanted to pick your collective brains - I'm arriving

from the M4 and wondered if anyone can suggest somewhere to park so that I can get into central London

on bus tube or train. Don't feel brave enough to drive all the way in.

Thanks in advance

Caro

I have no idea - but it sounds good to me. I have been trying to decide what to do - perhaps getting the train from just outside London would be a good compromise. I will have a look and see!

Maz

I have no idea - but it sounds good to me. I have been trying to decide what to do - perhaps getting the train from just outside London would be a good compromise. I will have a look and see!

Maz

The 02 Arena is quite a reasonably priced place to park if your coming from the south HappyMaz, and it's got tube connections.

I'm leaving home at 7:30 am by train, get to London Bridge by 9am, tube to Angel, should be there in plenty of time for 10am SEF seminar, now to decide where we should meet, maybe at seminar entrance?

Peggy