Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Play Dough

HI!

I find my standard recipe works equally well whether you use boiling water, cook it in a pan or microwave. I use 1 cup flour, 1 cup water, half cup salt, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 teaspoons cream of tartar plus any additions for effect (colour etc) -just don't add glitter if you're microwaving - save it till later and knead it in!.

Sue :o

basic recipe works well for me too. I did just read one that has body lotion or hand cream in it. Anyone tried that? What difference does it make?

we use the same recipe some times we use baby oil instead of cooking oil which works quite well

some times its not the recipe thats the problem but the colouring or the storage, we noticed green play dough goes gooey quicker than other colours dont know why?

some times its not the recipe thats the problem but the colouring or the storage, we noticed green play dough goes gooey quicker than other colours dont know why?

We also noticed that the green dough didn't last as well. :o And on a completely unrelated note our green ready mix paint goes off very quickly too!! It has a very nasty smell after about 3 months, but all the rest (same make, same storage) are fine?!? xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)