Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Pro Status?

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a little question for you. I am currently a nursery teacher in a prep school. I have a degree in drama and education and 3 years experience with 3-4 year olds. I have been told that I may need to get another qualification. Ideally, I would like to do a PGCE or a GTP however at the moment I need to continue in the job that I am in. I have been looking into EYPS which looks excellent but because my degree is not in early years I may have to do it full time-in that case I may aswell do a PGCE. Any ideas???? What exactly is an NVQ 6! Would this be worth my while?

xxxx

i didnt think you had to have a degree in early years to do this. you just have to have degree level. you would need to gain more 0-3 experience i would assume. but i havent done it and im sure someone will come along soon who has!

could you do flexi pgce or gtp in your current position?

I could do however a lot of universities have said that it would be difficult doing a GTP with a full time position. It may be possible if I only did mornings. I will apply for a EYPS I think and see what happens! Thank you Lucie, x

Hi

To gain EYPS status if you hold a degree in a unrelated subject you can do the long pathway not the full pathway which is 15 months have you chceked out a providers website if you click on www.emdirect.co.uk this tells you all about the different options and routes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)