Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holidays

Well its that time of year again but we can't seem to decide where to go. We are looking for somewhere where there is plenty to do, we do not like to sit in the sun all day, we have 2 children who are 14, 16....so looking for something that keeps everyone happy... wondered if anyone had any good holiday locations they had been to?

Larger French campsites usually have plenty for teenagers. if you go with one of the companies such as Canvas or Eurocamp - staying in ready-erected tents or mobile homes. Our boys particularly liked Chateau Des Ormes in Northern Brittany.

We have always enjoyed America as a family!!

(I know, rather more than 4 hours fling time away!!)

The exchange rate is rubbbish right now but at other times we have had some fantastic deals!

WE are all (husband, son 16 and daughter 19) off to New York next week for New Year!

I went there for my 40th and now everyone is sick of me saying.... "I've been there....." every time I spot something familair to me on tv!!!!!

San Francisco is gorgeous, Grand Canyone awesome, Lake Tahoe beautiful.

I loved Florida Keys and honestly and truthfully 3 years ago we had a fabulous time in Orlando.

I think the children were the right age to enjoy ALL it had to offer.

We had been before but there were very young.

At 13 and 16 they were excited and awed by it all....... disney, the space centre.........

Oh its making me nostalgic!

I am sure wherever you decide it wil be great.

ENJOY!!

i was thinking of no more than 4 hours by plane... as i hate flying!!!!! i do it but do need to sych myself up first..

I'm with you on that one - exactly the same for me!

But, having said that, I psyched myself up about four years ago and we all went to Vancouver and Vancouver Island for the best family holiday we've ever had - and our children were the same ages as your two then. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Edited by Wolfie

What about cruising.

We are going in august and there is no flying as we are going from Southampton.

We are going on the grand Princess and I have research it as my daughter is 13 and likes plenty to do .

The older kids can even stay on the ship if they dont want to go sightseeing, all my daughter says is do we have to walk round, so it will be great for her to stay on ship (supervised by teenager crew of course). :o

If you like camping there is a campsite near Florence in Italy its with most of the camping companies. It is a beautifull site great people and only 2 hours flight to Pisa. you can see lots of lovely towns and cities from there if you like and the countryside is beautiful.

Italy is my favourite as I lived there for alot of years and have alot of friends there.