Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behav Policies

My behaviour ploicy has a clause in it that says that if in your situation we reserve the right to send the child home, it is said in apositve way and I cant remember how I worded it but I will have a look for it on the computor and snd it. I hope you get it sorted satifsactory to all concerned

I hope this is of some help. Before we would do anything we would speak to the parents and do some ABC observations. once we have eveidence we would talk with the parents again and devise some tpye of behaviour play plan you could also seek advice from your area senco.

I used to work with children who had behaviour issues if you would like to pm me with more specific details in confidence I may have some stratergies that you could try.

killowengirl

behaviuor_policy.doc

My behaviour ploicy has a clause in it that says that if in your situation we reserve the right to send the child home, it is said in apositve way and I cant remember how I worded it but I will have a look for it on the computor and snd it. I hope you get it sorted satifsactory to all concerned

is it acceptable to send a child home, what would this achieve next time he came in? ive got staff stressed out about working with him and one staff has achild with asperger who was expelled from 2 nurseies albeit 10 years ago , staff want me to exclude this child , but then who is gong to help him! mum is desperate for some sort of diagnosis but doctor an HV say its the terrible 2s!!!! god help us if all 2 year old acted like this\1 just want to help mum but dont want to loose good staff or other children due to his behavuoiur and surely we cant exclude anymore due to inclusion policy and EYFS

is it acceptable to send a child home, what would this achieve next time he came in? ive got staff stressed out about working with him and one staff has achild with asperger who was expelled from 2 nurseies albeit 10 years ago , staff want me to exclude this child , but then who is gong to help him! mum is desperate for some sort of diagnosis but doctor an HV say its the terrible 2s!!!! god help us if all 2 year old acted like this\1 just want to help mum but dont want to loose good staff or other children due to his behavuoiur and surely we cant exclude anymore due to inclusion policy and EYFS

It is acceptable if he is putting children or staff in danger but not ideal because as you say Mum needs support and if everyonr turns their back on the child then he wont improve. as I said that would be a last resort, it doesnt mean to say you cant still work with the family and I would be putting stratergies in place to help. I have every sympathy with you and your staff because it is hard. I would try doing ABC observations and mabe tracking obs to see if there is a trigger. One of the problems with giving a diagnosis is that theyare acknowledging a problem which then needs to be addressed with a statement which requires them to put help in place (money). I worked as an area senco and have seen children refused diagnosis who really need it, what are your thoughts as you know this child, do you think he could be autistic or aspergers?

maybe until you have stratergies you could assign a member of staff to shadow him for a while, does he have any language as this could be causing him frustration? If you would like to pm me for any support or even to moan please do if I can help I will. What are his intrests? please pm me my heart goes to out to all of you because I know it is hard and I would love to help mum,child and staff.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i've picked this up really late but i think sending a child home is the last resort and when you think what you have missed. We had a similar situation and i didn't know what to do i rang early years and they calmed me down and senco were really quick and luckily their strategies worked quickly. i now look back and realise how close i was to excluding him due to parent and staff pressure. there tends to always be a reason (home situation) doesn't there? Make sure to log all incidents as your evidence and make sure the parents are made aware of what is happening day to day.