Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Smile For Life

Helloooooo

Had a lovely health Visitor in today to talk to us about the smile for life scheme.

Is anyone else doing / or done this?

i got application in post for it as soon as i left nursery.......... :o

Yes we do this in my nursery. We have healthy snacks without sugar and made a booklet for parents about looking after our teeth and colouring a toothbrush on the front. The dentist came and did a puppet show and gave out stickers. We promise not to give out sweets so if a child brings them in for Birthdays they give them out at hometime. Also if we bake something sweet the children take it home. The idea is if they eat sugary items at mealtimes they can be less damaging. Hope this gives you a bit of an insight don`t forget all the usual things about looking at fruit and veg books about going to the dentist.

where can I find out about this scheme? We try to be a healthy foundation stage but are in quite a deprived area, in the last dental survey we came top for the worst teeth :o

Hi

Your health visitor lor local early years should have the info you need. When i applied it was to our local hospital!!!!!, when info arrives if there is a national number will post it for you.... :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)