Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Week!

beth1

I cant belive the week I have had.

Firstly I have been ill all week ended up having to have the weeek off.

On top of that I have struggled to complete my assigment due in on Friday when we got a phone call from the hosptial to say that mums oldest brother has been taken back in and is very, very ill. So after all that we now need to get to the hosptial NOW great dads drunk, my car has a puncutre so I have had to kindly ask my dads sister if she can take us down to hosptial. Which is ok.

Now I am panicing that I can't get my assigment done, I have rung college no answer so I am going to leave an email for them to pick up in the morning. I am soo close to finishing when it happened and I feel that family comes first. The assigment is a mess and I mean a mess and would take another day to complete, if I have to be in the hosptial supporting mum I won't get it in on time!

From one very stressed out Beth

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Clearly, you must be there for your family. I cannot imagine whoever is due to receive your assignment will feel anything different. All institutions have systems in place for allowing extensions to assignments when there are good reasons (such as yours). I can't honestly see whoever is marking your assignment sitting down to it on Friday night anyway! - or before Christmas even!

If i were you I would offer to either submit it as it is, acknowledging that it's not finished (which shows that you were on track to meet the deadline unitl events overtook you) and then ask for an extension so enable you to finish it to the standard you wanted to originally. I would think this is reasonable - you've done the work ... you are subject to events beyond your control ... I think it'll be fine.

Good luck, let us know how it goes

Sorry to hear about your uncle Beth.

I agree with purplewednesday1 - talk to uni when you can and ask for advice. It may be better to submit it as it is to secure at least a pass - but they may well give you an extension in the circumstances. But at least if you email it as it is and make the reasons clear for it being unfinished you'll have met your deadline and won't incur a fail.

Then just concentrate on being there for your family at this difficult time

Maz x

Thanks for you message of support. My uncle is gravely ill we are not sure if we wil get a phone call to visit in the middle of the night.

I sent the email which as gone to an autmated reply which I think is not good. Not sure if that means they will not be in tomorrow. I am wondering if I should hand it in with a concluson and just make sure all the references. I feel that I will not pass this module assigment at all.

I am going to play on here tonight and plan on getting up early to try and finish it off the best I can.

Beth

Quick update:

I have managed to complete my assigment, only waiting on dad to check it for spelling mistakes and if it flows. To be honest I will be lucky if I have passed, I have bearly any more time left to sort any major changes out. I won't be suprised if it came back and I had to resubmit it, but I can't help it if my uncle was rushed in to hosptial last night and we needed to be there with him.

We can't get hold of the hosptial ward it is constanly engaged so it looks like I will have to sit on the phone until the line becomes free, whilst dad reads my assgiment.

Oh well I give in now. I will have to see what happens with my assigment next year when we come back towards the end of January 09. I hope I can also get through to the hospital and will update you all when I can.

Beth

Thank you Ems.

They are having to do some more tests to find out what is wrong, which will now mean more waiting. Normal visiting hours will apply.

I am off to college shortly to hand in my assgiment, looks ok under the cumustances. Was only the odd spelling mistake and a few more words to make it link better. So its all done I can have a rest now.

Beth

You've done the best you can in the circumstances, Beth. Focus on your family now and relax as much as you can. You and your family are in my prayers. Keep us posted with how things go.

Rosey x

Thanks.

My uncle is not so well, they have found the problem too much salt in his system but they cant seem to sablise it.

I have been this weekend so its hard to know how he is.

Beth

Update:

Its sad news, he passed away this afternoon. I am just glad he is at piece at last after the weeks of being in and out of hosptial.

Beth

So sorry to hear of the lose of your uncle, its sad anyway, but at this time of year it just seems to make it worse. xD:( Hope all goes well with the funeral.

Try and get through christmas the best you can! I'm sure he wouldn't want you all to be sad :o

So sorry to hear of the lose of your uncle, its sad anyway, but at this time of year it just seems to make it worse. xD:( Hope all goes well with the funeral.

Try and get through christmas the best you can! I'm sure he wouldn't want you all to be sad :o

Ah the funeral is aggghhhhh one of mum's sisters on holiday so can't do anything until she gets back Friday. She want to organise everything when she gets back.

Beth

Well after some dissussions with mums other sister down south and her brother we think it would help if we plan the funeral ready for her return. Well not all of it, just to do as much as we can with it being the christmas hols.

Beth

My sincere condolences for you, your mum, your Uncles other siblings and all who knew him. :o

I am sure you will have strength as a family to get through this sad time, you always sound such a close knit family, my thoughts are with you all.

Peggy

Well at least thats over and done with. The funeral went well as expected. The only thing that didn't go well was that my mums younger brother was ill so couldn't attend. My mums youngest sister will have to now sort out the estate of my uncle.

All I hope for is that Christmas 2009 goes better than this year.

Beth