Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nativity Play

We had our Nativity Play yesterday. Brilliant this year. We had a real baby - just 12 days old - in the crib who behaved absolutely beautifully. The other stars of the show were the two Roman Soldiers who marched up and down the whole time and announced 'we're guarding the baby'

Well we did our Nativity today but unfortunately we didn't have a real baby, but we did have two baby Jesus's (dolls) and two Mary's ! But then one Mary decided she was going to be a lamb as well so put on some lamb ears ! All adds to the fun ! Its what makes each Nativity unique, last year the younger children decided to unwrap the pretend presents under the Christmas tree and the angels started to fight ! Its the one time I've had to separate the angels, but it will always stick in my mind as a great moment ! lol !

Lucky we didn't have a real baby as she may off had a headache the speed she was literally thrown into her manger... did make the audience laugh though!!!

aww how lovely a real baby :o trouble is are baby is also put in the manger with a clank and taken out again countless times. our star got 'star struck' excuse the pun xD and went running to mum just at the crucial moment with kings in tow (well they were following the star) and one little girl called it the 'infinity' all morning!!! Wonderful :( I love christmas

Andrea

Edited by Andreamay

A real baby - wow! Our Baby J also 'hit the hay' with some force!

We did 'Wriggly Nativity'. But, thanks to one rather loud voice, this was changed to 'Wriggly activity' - also :o sung by everyone on the day - the HT looked a bit confused when she heard it!

we performed our nativity yesterday using CHRISTMAS spells Christmas it was fab and much more organised than last year (only my second year of doing it and last year was a disaster!!) the children were fantastic and all seemed to enjoy it apart from mary and joseph having an argument half way through and joseph walking out on her!!!!. my lasting memories will be our innkeeper who has downs, after twirling around in the stable (he loved the way the outfit flowed when twirling!) while all sang the innkeeper song came rushing over to me as everyone clapped and gave me the biggest cuddle ever with all the parents hearts melting, the other was throughout the singing we have a little girl who sings so wonderfully and warbles at any oppertunity, it sounded great and the parents loved it, i just wish she had wanted to do a solo there wouldn't have been a dry eye in the house!! xD well another term over i have really enjoyed this morning not having to think about anything but housework!!!! merry christmas one and all and happy holidays to all who have finished already and not long now to those who haven't :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)