Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planned Observations For Reception Profile?

Hi, im sure like most Reception classes we have individual profile evidence books for each child in the class. We put in work, photos and on the spot observation sheets for a range of the profile points. I have been advised to put the planned observation sheets in these books as well as we do link some parts to the profile.

Do other people put these in profile books??? Its just that they are a bit scrappy as we write quick and dont write them up neatly as we dont have the time.

Just wondering what other people think of this?

Hi

I have just started doing long obsv, and i'm going to stick mine in, as they inform the assessment cycle. I know the theory of not writing things up twice etc, but its tempting when you want the children's books to be neat, but i shall stick mine in as they are and try not to be a perfectionist!

Don't write something out twice, and it doesn't matter where yu keep them as long as you use them for formative imformation and towards summative judgements effectively, ie not in a file that is then forgotten about until the next thing is filed!!!!

Cxx

Hi, after talking to other staff and EY consultants we have decided to stick them in profile evidence books as its extra evidence and another type of evidence too.

Just to say when we do planned obs, we dont write other childrens names on them for that reason, we just put 'another child, girl, boy ect'.

Thanks for the replies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)