Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding

Hi

I'm in the middle of writing an assignment for my degree on safeguarding,... i just wondered if schools have anything in place to track a child if they didn't attend/were absence for a while, do they have a policy that covers this? would someone look into their non attendance? Thanks for any information you can give me.

My school has an automated system that calls parents/carers as soon as a child is absent. I haven't got a clue what it is called...If a parent/carer calls in and says why the child is absent then they don't get an automated call. I think our admin person puts the information from registers on to a computer and then the system does the rest. I'm not 100% sure exactly how it works though...guess I should find out one day when I have time. :o We also have an Educational Welfare Officer that gets involved where needed.

xD

Thanks for all your replies, can i just ask if you have anything in place to aid transisition, if you have a child you have concerns about are you able to disclose these concerns to their new settings,as we also have confidentiality to consider.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)