Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need A Great Idea For Role Play! (maybe Not In The Right Place Sor

Hi!

We are doing 'Stories and Rhymes' next half term and i am trying to think what to do for our role play area... Reception have decided on the one obvious choice and are doing a castle, so we in nursery are trying to rack our brains for something to do... can anyone help please?!

Thank you!

Tink! :o x

I've moved this into Role-Play but don't forget that where ever you post if it is new it comes up on the Home page, as well as when people click on view new posts, so please don't worry.

What about a forest scene and a house? This could then be the Three Bears House or the Grandma's house in Little Red-Riding Hood, or even one of the Three Little Pigs' houses. We have had some snow and frost but it isn't winter yet so If the children become interested in snow in January your forest could be a snowy one, so you could do Percy the Park keeper or The Snowman. There are lots of rhymes that fit these themes as well. Think of Each Peach Pear Plum and how that could fit in with winter. You could ask the children for their ideas as well.

what about a puppet theater or a stage and letting the children act out the roles. They could also make tickets to sell and have an audience.

You could introduce different puppets for different rhymes and this might keep it going longer.

I immediately thought of cottage in woods too! Fits snow white, red riding hood, 3 pigs etc. You could use the same cottage and have a theme of the week in there for the particular fairytale. You could even go further in the final week and decorate it out of sweets and say it belongs to Hansel and Gretel ........!!!! Children may get a little bit hyper but they'd be having fun!!!....Maybe not the best idea I've ever had!

what about a puppet theater or a stage and letting the children act out the roles. They could also make tickets to sell and have an audience.

You could introduce different puppets for different rhymes and this might keep it going longer.

Thank you everyone for your ideas but i particularly love this idea!! Thank you so much!

Tink! :o x

I think any resources, scenery, 'base' needs to be as open ended as possible, such as a puppet theatre or 'cottage' to enable the children to decide 'what' story they create within the area, so good ideas so far. Thinking about it the 'castle' in Reception will limit the childrens creative possibilities, so you have drawn the long and not the short straw. :oxD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)