Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parental Feedback!

Hello.

How do you go about getting parental feedback?

I want to compile some info, for future use as I shall be in a different county when I start working again next year.

Also as a tool for ofsed to see how the parents feel about the care I provide for their children, along with their views on me from a parental perspective?

I have thought about a questionnaire style document but am struggling as to what to put in it?

Also a reference letter that I could file with permissions from the parents as we terminate contracts!

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Jo :o

pmsl questionnares never come back and if they do its a yes / no answer

how many parents do you have /?? i would have a list of questions and pull up 2 or so parents at a time and

ask them questions

next day do the same and explain why you need this info

send a letter home saying you will be intervieving parents 2 at a time during xx week.if you dont get enough questionnares back

as the information is important flash EYFS

good luck you will need it hun lol

x

I've found a few examples which have previously been made available within the forum, so acknowledgment to other members for these. I have also included a questionairre I used at my preschool when doing a home visit. The second half is about parents expectations which could then be used with a follow-up questionairre say in 6 months time to see if expectations are met.

When doing questionairres it's useful to summarise the main findings, maybe use a graph to 'measure' the information gained, then revisit say on a 6 monthly or annual basis to 'track' continued satisfaction, to show any actions required have been addressed etc. In other words, ensure the information gained is of 'working' benefit and not just a paper excersise. Share the results with parents as a PR tool.

The second attachment is from a childminder.

Hope these help.

Peggy

HOME_VISIT_INTERVIEW_SHEET_WORKING_ON_TO_SEND_TO_LAPTOP_AND_.doc

parent_questionairre_from_fsf_2.doc

Parent_Questionnaire_1_.doc

Parents_and_Carers_Questionnaire_ofsted_template.doc

Parents_questionairre_from_forum.doc

quote "Also a reference letter that I could file with permissions from the parents as we terminate contracts! "

Sorry didn't fully understand this, do you mean a reference from the parent about the quality of the provision, a sort of 'endorsement' letter. Never thought of having one of those, sounds like a good idea, or maybe you could have a comments book available and ask parents to make recommendations in this on their last day.

If wanting something more 'formal' than a comments book then I'd suggest having open questions rather than yes / no 'closed' ones. Something like;

How would you best describe the service offered to you? in terms of;

a) Childs safety and security

b ) Resources / toys provided

c) Childs' Learning and progress

d) Administration and communication with parents

Do you feel you got value for money?

Why did you choose this provision?

Anything you would like changed?

What did your child enjoy most?

What is the provisions strengths?

What did you gain from using our services?

Would you recommend us? explain why.

Peggy

Thank you

Peggy those links were particularly useful.

I’m due to go on maternity leave at Xmas and would just like something in place mainly for ofsted but also future parents who may be interested in me when I start up again.

Jo :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)