Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Schema - Need More Info!

Am hoping to run a parent group and tell them about schema so they can recognise it in their own child and know the beahviour. Can anyone recommend any good books on it? I have got the basic info from the various website that describe schemas but I would really like some more in depth information.

Also if anyone else has done this with parents then any top tips would be very welcome.

Thanks

Hi MissA

I can recommend the Cathy Nutbrown and Chris Athey books mentioned at the end of the article on schemas. They make very interesting and informative reading.

Sally

Hi MissA

I can recommend the Cathy Nutbrown and Chris Athey books mentioned at the end of the article on schemas. They make very interesting and informative reading.

Sally

there is a new publication called again and again and it is fab it is all about schemas in young children

killowengirl

Hi there

I love schema! I sent out a couple of sheets of the basic schema to parents to observe at home. Not too complicated. Great response and I have incorporated these sheets in the children's folders. If you want any more details, send me an email.

Lesley :oxD:(:(:(

Hi there

I love schema! I sent out a couple of sheets of the basic schema to parents to observe at home. Not too complicated. Great response and I have incorporated these sheets in the children's folders. If you want any more details, send me an email.

Lesley :oxD:(:(:(

would love to - I've spoken to one of my parents informally having identified her sons trajectory schema which seemed to reassure her, she tells me that everytime she feels frustrated when he throws something she says to herself "trajectory schema" and it makes her feel better!! - how do i email you?

would love to - I've spoken to one of my parents informally having identified her sons trajectory schema which seemed to reassure her, she tells me that everytime she feels frustrated when he throws something she says to herself "trajectory schema" and it makes her feel better!! - how do i email you?

Just click on the member's name on the top left of the message. There will be a drop down message, choose send message, then fill in the message box much like a normal email.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)