Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Comment About Sef.......

short and sweet. Leadership and management appears to be the focus. I wonder how they are finding the evaluations match up to 'practice' during inspections, or whether this comment is solely an evaluation of the written sef.

Peggy

It confirms what I had heard through the grapevine - 'hot' on leadership and management and looking to see that the guidance on completing the SEF has been adhered to. Some sections have quite specific points and I made sure I included every one. It was a nightmare and took forever and a day to do but am glad it is done and fingers crossed it's what they are looking for!!!

Do reception classes in schools have to fill out a seperate one to the main school one does anyone know???

My school headteacher said that the Early Years SEF did not have to be completed. My headteacher said she would like it to be completed by the EYFS team to contribute towards the school SEF. I'm not sure where the head of my school got this information though.

:o

My school headteacher said that the Early Years SEF did not have to be completed. My headteacher said she would like it to be completed by the EYFS team to contribute towards the school SEF.

She's right - it isn't mandatory for early years settings. However if no SEF has been filled out Mrs Ofsted will look for evidence that other methods are used to reflect on practice, identify improvements necessary and then develop an action plan to improve standards. Not much if you say it quick!

However if you're in a setting attached to a school it is different, as Marion has said.

Maz

• 3 weeks later...
She's right - it isn't mandatory for early years settings. However if no SEF has been filled out Mrs Ofsted will look for evidence that other methods are used to reflect on practice, identify improvements necessary and then develop an action plan to improve standards. Not much if you say it quick!

However if you're in a setting attached to a school it is different, as Marion has said.

Maz

i hadnt filled in sef however ofsted turned up on 10 sept and i was due to attend a course for guidance on how to fill it in the next day!!!!! thetb wernt interstred in the full file of action plans that reviewed policy practice and procedure and didnt even look at them although i offered!!!! therefore report said we had no system of evaluation!!!! i actually challenged this and several other ambiguous statements which were upheld after investigation!!! points to note:

ofsted are not infallable and can be challenged!!

please ensure your sef is complete

staff are questioned more than managers so ensure up to speed! esp inclusion and safeguarding