Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Knowledge And Understanding Of The World

hi.....

im doing my planning for this week and stuck on a christmas themed idea for "knowledge and understanding of the world" for the 8-20 months section or 16-26 months.

any ideas at all would be gratefully appreciated.

thank u

The Nativity story is K & U as part of awareness of culture and religion. You could also look at how Christmas is celebrated around the world although I'm not sure how this would work with very young children.

I'm moving this into our Christmas sub-forum and you will find lots of ideas in there.

What about a xmas themed treasure basket which could cover Exploration and Investigation - mines got christmassy tins in, stars, xmas ribbon and wrapping paper, boxes and bows, wicker xmas baubles etc. Xmas musical boxes for ICT or musical snowman - push his nose and he plays some irritating xmas tune.

I've got flour and fake snow in the tuff spot and Arctic animals - which could come under Place if they're older or Exploration if younger. For Communities what about asking parents to bring in a photo of their child at xmas/with family or their xmas tree and make a display or little story to look at with them

I'm always on the look out for good ideas so if anyone's got any to add :o

thank u dcn - uve given me so much inspiration!!!

I love the treasure basket idea. I have one of those already, but just everyday type objects in it, linking it to christmas theme is a brilliant idea!!! gonna go up in attic later and search around for chrimassy stuff to put in it!!

loving the tuff spot idea too. think the sand is coming out of mine tomoz and im gonna put flour in it!!

thank u so much!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)