Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Cards

Hiya,

I'm racking my brains to come up with a nice Christmas card for my children to do (head is a stickler for a religious rather than secular theme, and DT skills to show progression from YR to Y2). Does anyone have any foolproof ideas that you would be willing to share, please, or a pointer to a good site?

Thanks

:o

Edited by Guest

Tracylu

why don't you show a range of Christmas cards and images to stimulate their imagination and let the children decide what they want to do. To get past the D&T issue, provide a range of cards with flaps and tags or moving parts- trawl the shops if you dont have a supply from last year. If a child wants to put a robin or santa on theirs then support them in looking at ways to make the wings or legs move using brass butterfly fastners.

It is so much better to let the children use their imagination rather than than have all that look exactly the same!

If your head has problems with this then

take note of the EYFS Creativity and critical thinking

It is difficult for children to make creative connections in learning when colouring in a worksheet or making a Diwali card just like everyone else's.

It is difficult for children to make creative connections in learning when colouring in a worksheet or making a Diwali card just like everyone else's.

Fantastic quote - and just what I needed to argue the case you both put - thanks for that!

I love the idea of the children being creative in their cards, and the DT suggestions to take it on a notch for the Y2s are great.

Thanks to you both,

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)