Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welfare Audit

Has anyone had one of these? We have one on Monday morning. Our local Birth to Five service have taken over what used to be the role of the Development Officer from Children's Links. Some of the staff have transferred and they are doing a baseline audti for the county on the Welfare side of EYFS. Apparently some settings have not particularly enjoyed the experience! Some said it was worse than OFSTED!

Just wondered if other counties have anything similar?

I don't think there's anything like that in our County - we had a visit from our QLO last week and she didn't mention anything.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine - let us know what it involves and how you got on!

Edited by Wolfie

Hi Weightman!

yes, we had a visit from them too, they had a form to fill out not all to do with the welfare audit, but did ask if we had complted this. They were checking up on us! Had we done this, etc. she was only with us for an hour, wasn't too bad, but just given me one or two more things to add to my 'jobs to do list'!

we had a 'quality improvement audit' ? same sort of thing i guess, 2 people came for about 2 hours....made an issue that no members of staff had attended phase 1 phonics training, all staff have 'sounds & letters', and we'd spent the whole of the last half term planning and implementing ideas from this, both myself and play leader offered to show them this planning sperately....both said "no, dont worry" then put it on report as not being implemented ! at the end of it a piece of paper with 4 outcomes on it was thrust at me and i was asked which one i thought reflected our setting.

Hi Meridian,

Thanks for that - you're the first one I've heard say it wasn't too bad! I don't mind jobs being added if it's beneficial. Well I shall soon find out I guess!