Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Christmas

I need some ideas for child made Xmas cards. I'm not starting it yet but need to get resources.

I thought that I would put a little note inside saying something to the effect ' This card was made with resources which you child choose and is unique!'

Has anyone any bright ideas for unusual, cheap resources which will give the choioces for the children.

Also I was thinking of making a truely combined group Xmas tree.

I thought of cutting a large bath towel into a triangle shape and them backing onto card for texture effect. The children could then sellect decorations to place wherever they wish. Any other ideas, please.

Sunshine :o

Has anyone any bright ideas for unusual, cheap resources which will give the choioces for the children.

1b

A roll of christmas paper that they can cut into any shape they like.

Tin foil/pie cases

Depending on age of children - buttons, sequins

Pipe cleaners

How about babies socks, they can use them as stockings! (sorry don't know how many children we are talking about here)

Sorry not very unusual, but its all I can think of at this time of night :o , I will try and think of some more tomorrow when I look in my store cupboard!

In 2006 we made cards using CD cases, which we got from our recycle store. Maybe parents could donate or do a google search. :o

I printed a little label to put inside saying merry christmas and a space for childs name.

They were very popular with children and parents.

Peggy

post-3604-1227133870_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1227133890_thumb.jpg

This year we have invested in a digital camera - for our calendars we are are going to let the children take their own photo of something in the woods then mount it and put something like 'This photo was taken by ...... on 12th Dec 2008. For our Christmes cards we are going to make pengiuns by potato printing and adding googly eyes and lots of glitter :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)