Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fruit Donations

when putting the fruit basket laden with fruit brought in by the children into the fridge, i suddenly thought i need to say a big thank you to all who gave me the advise, back in May i wrote about fruit and how expensive it is and how not being on a school site i couldn't have free fruit from the goverment. well i decided to go for the bring fruit to pre school option, how i went about this was i sent out the newsletter asking for the children to send 1 piece of fruit per week if they wished to add to the fruit basket for snack. it has been a huge success much better than i could have imagined! not only is the basket being topped up but we have had dad's printing things about Dragon fruit when a child chose this with him at the supermarket etc. we have also had great feedback from parents saying that their child has taken a keen interest in eating fruit at home! so again many thanks to all who encouraged me to do this and for all out there that spend lots of money on fruit per week it could work for you too. one piece of fruit per week per child is not too much to ask and it is a great talking point for the children when they are at snack that they brought some of it in :o

Wow - how lovely to hear such a fantastic result! Its really what the Forum is all about, isn't it? Sharing ideas and then sharing successes when it all pays off. Look at all the positive outcomes for children that you have delivered by implementing such a successful initiative.

Well done!

Maz