Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Display

skippy

Hi I am currently putting up a display for parents on EYFS but keeping it to how we put the principles into practise. just wondered if anyone has any additional ideas to make it interesting to read. I have currently split the board for ways with the headings of each theme. In the middle is a breakdown of how the EYFS works IE the themes, principle and commitments. Under each heading i thought i show ways we achieve/work towards them. Hope I am making sense?!? :o

We did ours using the large poster that came in the pack surrounded by photos and an a4 sheet on each principle and examples of how we were implementing each one.

We also have a folder for each principle with a few photo's, examples of policies and other paperwork, photo's of displays etc and an action plan for each principle on how we plan to improve.

definitely photos of the children learning through play , (role play, investigation, discovery). What about incorporating a poem (the Reggio one is my favourite- or maybe this will annoy people!!! :o ). parents are bound to like the one that syas "What did you do at school today" and I think this introduces the the Early Years in a nice friendly simple way to those who are unsure/uneasy about it.

I have also incorporated ideas of how parents can help their children to extend their learning through play at home. Rather than printing it all out myself I used the Playing and learning Together wall chart that you can get fro free from teachernet publications. Our parents are quite on board about learning through play activities but sometimes don't realise that what they do at home is as valuable.

Good point holly35. Havent seen the wall chart, will go and look at it now. I showed my FSLeader the DVD for parents but she hasnt come back so dont think I'll be able to hand it out. Im quite keen to get parents more involved but need to do it gently as I dont think this is too popular an idea overall!!!!

To be honest most of my display was text and for the vast majority of it I chopped up publications by Dcsf and arranged them as I saw useful. I did however have a temporary display of the children taking part in various activities. This went down really well but unfortunately was temporary as we are a community building. I am currently looking for a workable way to make it a pack away display so I can refresh it regularly and add it to the EYFS display. My other alternative is to put it on the website as a password protected area for parents to view only.

The reference for the height chart, if anyone needs it is, DCSF-00672-2007 and it is available in a variety of languages. I used one in my display and sent a copy home to every family too as there seem to be no limits on how many can be ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a display in a nursery - the key worker was highlighted by having the key person's photo in the middle, and all the children they were responsible on flower petals around her - looked nice

• 1 year later...
To be honest most of my display was text and for the vast majority of it I chopped up publications by Dcsf and arranged them as I saw useful. I did however have a temporary display of the children taking part in various activities. This went down really well but unfortunately was temporary as we are a community building. I am currently looking for a workable way to make it a pack away display so I can refresh it regularly and add it to the EYFS display. My other alternative is to put it on the website as a password protected area for parents to view only.

The reference for the height chart, if anyone needs it is, DCSF-00672-2007 and it is available in a variety of languages. I used one in my display and sent a copy home to every family too as there seem to be no limits on how many can be ordered.

Holly35 would you share what text you put on your display please?

thanks

Hi Jeanine. I used bits from the EYFS pack, the cards, the poster, etc and just chopped them about to make them fit my purpose. I didn't really write anything myself for it .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)