Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Commitment To Your Self.

:oNot been able to find the time lately to catch up with the forum, today I have been reading missed posts & I am noticing that many of us are so hectic with Christmas fast coming which means plays, party's, meetings, alongside the running & sorting out of the every day playgroup issues on top of our own family, home, and general life!

Lets start a post for de-stressing strategies for our selves!

I've tried turning off the work phone to find some one will then call on the home phone!

Having a long hot bath & just getting my backside in & some one is at the front door!

So it's my morning off & after house work I'm going to buy a funky pair of wellies & a winter coat so I can go walking across the fields and may be do some puddle splashing on the way!

I am making this a commitment to my self & I intend to stick to it!

WHAT WILL YOUR COMMITMENT BE TO YOUR SELF? let's share ideas!

:oNot been able to find the time lately to catch up with the forum, today I have been reading missed posts & I am noticing that many of us are so hectic with Christmas fast coming which means plays, party's, meetings, alongside the running & sorting out of the every day playgroup issues on top of our own family, home, and general life!

Lets start a post for de-stressing strategies for our selves!

I've tried turning off the work phone to find some one will then call on the home phone!

Having a long hot bath & just getting my backside in & some one is at the front door!

So it's my morning off & after house work I'm going to buy a funky pair of wellies & a winter coat so I can go walking across the fields and may be do some puddle splashing on the way!

I am making this a commitment to my self & I intend to stick to it!

WHAT WILL YOUR COMMITMENT BE TO YOUR SELF? let's share ideas!

hi lesley like you it is quite frustrating when you turn of the work phone and people still ring you on the landline and like you i am in the way of trying to find ways to destress i have an elderly relative in a home ina village outside of where i work and on my day of i get my wellies on and visit her and then go either for a long walk or i go out to lunch away from both phones to unwind i have often gone to aqua springs or had my hair done as after the visit to this relative because she is so vairiable i need to pick myself up as it can be quite upsetting Camis

I'm a sucker for Lush Bubble Bar slices....just got the train back from Victoria and accidentally bought three more in the shop there :o Well, I had nothing else to do while I was waiting for the train......

The things I do to chill out are:

Every morning I watch "The Wright Stuff" saves me having to read papers or listen to the news. :(

wine

surf ebay

Dark Rum

Long shower with power jets aimed on neck and scalp :o

Wine

Leave hubby with the 'older' children in the evening, retreat to my bedroom for an undisturbed read. ( I'm hinting to get an e-reader for xmas, then I can read anywhere :( )

Dark Rum

Listen to my Al Green CD's

wine

Make playdough with the children and then play with it :wacko:

Dark Rum

Walks over the orchards with my chocolate Labrador-Benjie ( but only if it's not too wet)

Wine

I can rarely relax in a hot bath for very long, but when I do I have candles, wine or Dark Rum, and my bubble water pump (a poor mans one jet jacussi (spl) thing). xD (don't know what it's called) ooh and sometimes I have no candles and no lights on.

Dark Rum

I like to watch cold case, bones, or any 1 hour drama, any longer in front of TV and I fall asleep, always missing the end of a longer film xD

wine

Days out shopping with friends, mainly charity shops, I dislike all the 'look-a-like' high streets.

Dark Rum

Peggy