Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry Christmas

hali

Guest alisonjayne

Thanks for the out of the rk web address just had a quick look and will have to order the sleepy shepherd it sounds great :D

Our nursery children are really enjoying the "sleepy shepherd" and the songs they picked up straight the way. They are very easy to learn but once you know them you can't get them out of your head!!

We are performing ours in a weeks time should be lots of fun! :)

Hi,

I find nativity quite boring and in my experience the children do to, I remember the year (many moons ago) when little shepherd fred pulled the 'bum' out of the sheep as he watched his flock!!!!

We act out a short version of "Twas the night before christmas" adding songs through it.

We have also done a poem from the initial letters of Merry Christmas. ie: M is for Mary, E is for elves, R is for Robin, and R for Rudolph, Y is for yule log etc The children are in fancy dress and hold up the letter, ending with we wish you a merry christmas.

another idea is to act out "when santa got stuck up the chimney" - one year as a surprise for the children we 'pulled out' Mr Blobby ( a large inflatable) from the chimney, instead of santa.

I have all the above in word docs on my laptop which is being repaired!!! will try to attach them as soon as I get it back.

The main thing is to keep it short, fun and to remember the experience is for the children as much as the parents.

I have tried attachments before but without success- How do I get the document from my desktop? I press the browse button - then what do I do????

Peggy

Hi. Just wondering where you got a simple version of twas a night before christmas or did you make one up yourselves? We were planning on doing that but when we read the story to the children they got bored and didn't want to listen. I reckon a simpler version would mean we could do it after all. I could have a go at doing a shortened easier version. I had to do it for some of the fairytales for the younger kids as the long versions were going right over there heads.

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)