Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Colour And Light

:o Has anyone got any ideas on Colour and Light, especially related to outdoor play opportunitues.

Thanks to OFSTED arriving sometime after half term, i've got to get cracking at my medium term planning.

Hi verityn,

We are doing 'colour' next week so I was interested to read your message, here are some of the 'ideas' that we have come up with in our reception:

1) Create a colour book - with each page being a different colour created in mixed media e.g. on page paint, on page collage one page a collection of sweet papers

2) Create 'colour' mobiles (in plastic / laminate so that the colour doesn't go!) to hang in trees outside to catch the light

3) Find a certain colour 'treasure' in the sand / water tray.

4) If you are outside could you look at shadows draw around children.

Did have more but can't find the list!

Hope these are of help

Ladybug

Ps have just read your post about outdoor areas - thank you so so much - I keep trying different places but knowing where to look is so helpful

Ladybug :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We had a table one time with torches and coloured acetate sheets. We also did a similar one to Hali's glasses but we made binoculars and telescopes out of tubes with coloured cellophane on the ends.

Linda

You can take the children on a colour walk - those paint sample cards are brilliant for this. Get the children to find things to match the sample colour. This time of year you've got all the autumn colours and lots of shades too.

Try making colour spinners.

Loads of colour-mixing opps in art (hand prints in two different colours, then rub hands together to make third colour, paintings in just two different colours - could be splatter paintings, bubble prints, ordinary brush work, paint spinner etc) and with playdough and with the water tray...

You could also look at camouflage in nature...

Thank you for your responses.

i have noted them all down ready for my task ahead!!

Once its all done (in an Ofsted styley) i shall post my planning for all to enjoy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)