Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Songs

I'm a reception teacher and my class have about a 3 min slot to sing a song in the nativity play.My class are animals and am stuck for ideas. The unit are singing the main ones altogether: twinkle twinkle, wish you a merry christmas, jingle bells and away in a manger, so help! not feeling creative here

Hi,

What about Little Donkey or Calypso Carol "See him lying in a bed of straw, draughty stable with an open door..." (I like this one because it's cheery and gets the audience clapping!)

Both are quite easy to get music for and easy to learn

Hope this helps

Green Hippo xx

Calypso Carol "See him lying in a bed of straw, draughty stable with an open door..." (I like this one because it's cheery and gets the audience clapping!)

love that one and goes great with some percussion instruments!! :o

'Carol Gaily Carol' is the one I like best for younger children, but I see it is out of print. It is available from Amazon though. I would imagine most schools have an old copy tucked away in a cupboard somewhere.

I agree that the Calypso Carol is a really good one. We have sometimes used it at the church carol service and handed out percussion instruments to everyone. Great fun!

I've popped this thread into the Christmas forum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)