Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tes Members

Hi all, just wondering if any of you are members of the TES forum. It is interesting because I think they seem to have different views regarding EYFS/planning through children's ect - just wondered what you think. Thanks Ger -now getting ready for back to school tomos. xD:o

Yes I am a TES member. I think the key is that you find what you are happy with. After reading so many posts on this I have decided how I am going to do it, I know it will work with my class, I know I will be inspired by what they do and we will have fun. The problem I had was I was coming with ideas of how I wanted to do it, would then read a post on here or on TES and think my ideas where all wrong. So have spent first half of the term adapting planning formats, following a 'topic' (new to school (FS Leader) so felt I should do what has been done before). But it hasn't felt right, the children are not as engaged as I know they could be and it is because we were following a set 'plan'. So now I have the confidence to say 'this is how I am going to do it' and I am!!

I am going to have a basic topic heading which I will mind map ideas of what I would want to do and anything the children have shown interest in etc and then plan a few days. I will then go with whereever the children take it. However, I am ensuring I cover maths using the Cumbria medium term planning which has been adapted and I will obviously be doing phonics and different book genre. The only other thing I am ensuring is taught is science, but again these can be tied into the interests of the children.

It is about going with the interests of the children but it also ensuring an enriched curriculum with lots of fun!

Hope this helps.

Yes I am a regular poster on the TES forum and also one of the early signatories to the OpenEye campaign.

My reception class now seems to be back in no man's land with less CI and play opportunities than they had before September.

I'm also a TES poster/reader and agree that the more you find out, the less you seem to know and I sometimes feel that I'm doing it all wrong aswell! I think our best guide has to be to use sites for info and food for thought but always be guided by our own children's responses and needs. They are both great forums for sharing/ being made aware of articles etc. Generally, I personally find this forum more supportive. TES can sometimes be a bit one upmanship? or is that just my impression?

Guest tinkerbell

I used to be a TES member until the site changed and I could no longer log on...have sorted that out now but seldom use the site.I have always preferred this site.

Tinkerbellx

I'm another TES user/poster. I do find this site 'safer' and more supportive/less criticial/rude, though there are some very good disucssions on TES.

I always say the same thing: I have no time for another Forum addiction and anyway I find everything I need right here. But you're not exactly selling TES to me! :o

Maz

I drop in to tess and find some things really good I think the discussions can get a bit strong sometimes we seem to be a happier bunch on here. the biggest prob with tess is they have changed and it is difficult to get anywhere quick it is slow and cumbersome now.

sue

I'm another TES user/poster. I do find this site 'safer' and more supportive/less criticial/rude, though there are some very good disucssions on TES.

I use to use it until I discovered this forum! I agree that this site is much kinder and more supportive. A couple of posts I made on the tes site got really rude responses and people pointing out all my spelling and grammar mistakes. So unless there is something highly recommended on Tes, I always stuck with here!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)