Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play - Garage

Hi, I am in the process of setting up a Garage and Workshop to get different groups of children involved in the role play in nursery. Has anyone else done this or anyone got any useful suggestions? Thanks

Hi

I did this about a year ago. Some of the things we used were:

Car books/posters

Overals

Bikes

Petrol pump

Home made receipts

Car manuals

Old MOT certificates

Tills/money

AA cards

Assorted tools (spanners, screw drivers)

It was very popular with the girls and boys.

Carol

have you tried somewhere like quick fit... they might be able to give you some old tyres. Or the car showrooms might have some posters or colour charts for cars.

What about taking the children into the staff car park and lifting the bonnet on your or another members car? It's great to get them to see inside the engine and talk about the different features.

What about doing some tyre rubbings if you get a spare one; these could form part of a display.

And things for a car wash... hose, squeegy cleaners, mops, misters even better get the kids out there cleaning them... hey now that's a great idea for a fund raiser... or even a bit of child labour!!!! :D

best of luck and let me know when i can book mine in for a service!! :D:D

Guest Sycamore

Also extend to your outside area and have a car wash using buckets and sponges. Use play money to charge etc. Wash the trikes and bikes.

Thanks everyone - we`ve been doing tyre prints today from toy cars and making a petrol pump. Other ideas are great and I will get everyone even more motivated when I take these extra ideas in tomorrow. Gwen

We've just moved onto to a topic of 'wheels' Gwen and I think I may well try out a garage too. The children are still getting a lot out of our 'baby clinic' at the moment so won't change that this week. If you have any other ideas you can pass my way.......... :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)