Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Smartboard Help?

Our nursery has lately had a smart board installed but it is too high up for the children to use on their own. I was wondering if any one had any ideas on companies which may do cheap platforms for smart board use?

many thanks

I suggest you get your caretaker to lower the support bracket so that the children can reach the top of the board easily.

that would effect the projector. It will have been placed with your ceiling height in mind in relation to the projector

We had a local odd job man build a platform the width of the board x 2 foot deep by 1 step high. Meant the children could move along the board as you need to consider side reach as well-it wasn't too expensive but a parent could possibly do it.

Our caretaker made a platform for us - in our other room we have just had a smartboard installed which you can pull down or push upto to the desired height

smartboard installed which you can pull down or push upto to the desired height

sounds a good idea and looks like the developers have listened to us :o

I had a huge argument when they were installing my smartboard and convinced them to install it about 6 inches from the floor which still makes the top hard to reach for tinies. I was teaching when they came to install the two KS1 boards which are so high the Y1 teacher cannot reach further than half way. The installers argued that they couldn't put them lower because of the projector BUT a few weeks later I visited Paddy Beels nursery and found all the Smartboards (same models) at ground level and accessible for even the youngest children.

We have been told to be careful what we allow children to use to stand on as it could pose H&S issues and requires a risk assessment (sigh)

thank you every one we have a maintance who fixes things but he also looks after alot of nurseries as we are part of a chain and i don't think he would have time to make the unit. so i will keep and eye out for the storage unit.

thanks again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)