Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cd/cassette Player

Have you asked parents, many families are now into the download digital i-pod age and may have some redundant CD / Cassette players getting dusty in their cupboards. :o

Peggy

Thank you so much for your replies, but I was actually thinking about leaving one for the children in nursery to use in the music corner, so they can listen to nursery rhymes and stories independently (chosen activities) Do you think these would last long? What do you have in your nursery?

Thanks so much for your help,

Beverly

We have some from ELC which are children's tape players. They have chunky buttons and a volume limiter :o . They still have them now but one thing I would think about is using CD players instead. For one it is easier to get CDs to put in them and for the another there is less chance of the CD becoming entangled in the workings like with a tape player - yes, personal experience!

any 'machine' I've used, many over the years from lent, donated and purchased, I used to put sticky label dots on the buttons green for go and red for stop. The children were soon able to use them independently.

I did once purchase an expensive one from my county suppliers, £100, the tape recorder lasted 6 yrs (then got sold when I closed, so still going now most probably) but the headphones get broken very easily. The children tend to pull the wire from the earphones, and a few of them the plastic band that goes over the head (between the earphones) snapped :o .

Peggy

im looking for one too but we have the one from argos belle mentioned and the door on it keeps jamming!!

Andrea

If you see one let me know and visa versa.

Regards,

Beverly

We have some from ELC which are children's tape players. They have chunky buttons and a volume limiter :o . They still have them now but one thing I would think about is using CD players instead. For one it is easier to get CDs to put in them and for the another there is less chance of the CD becoming entangled in the workings like with a tape player - yes, personal experience!

Good thinking!!

This is really weird but I have been on ebay today looking for a tape player and a cd player for the children to use on their own. I have placed a bid for a tape player (including postage its under £5 at the moment) and their are lots of children's CD players on there too. You can buy one for £11 including postage (with no need to bid). The make is

Vertbaudet. Its definitely worth a look although not sure if you can use headphones with it and how sturdy it is.

This is really weird but I have been on ebay today looking for a tape player and a cd player for the children to use on their own. I have placed a bid for a tape player (including postage its under £5 at the moment) and their are lots of children's CD players on there too. You can buy one for £11 including postage (with no need to bid). The make is

Vertbaudet. Its definitely worth a look although not sure if you can use headphones with it and how sturdy it is.

Thank you so much. I never thought of looking on ebay - yet I do look for other things - thanks xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)