Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Performance Ideas

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area but I was just hoping for some guidance/ideas for my class' (Reception) contribution to the KS1 Christmas performance. I am an NQT working in a Church school and am just not truly sure where to start. I have looked at some previous discussions and have looked at some of the resources on the Out of the Ark website but my understanding is that the Reception children's contribution is quiet brief.

The usual format is that Year 1 & 2 put on the main performance (this year their is secular based) and the Reception children normally do a small input (this year based on the nativity) - I was considering getting the children to perform two songs and try and link them through a basic script - having never done such things before I feel I'm lacking creativeness and I want it to be enjoyable for all involved - any ideas be gratefully received and hopefully stop my mind going into overdrive - some interesting dreams last night!

Many thanks in anticipation

Becky

I've moved this into the Christmas Forum. Have a good look around in here as you will find lots of discussions on christmas productions which may help with ideas. Why not do a simple Nativity tableau to some simple Christmas songs - one to get them on bit by bit, one while they are there and one to finish off?

• 2 weeks later...
I've moved this into the Christmas Forum. Have a good look around in here as you will find lots of discussions on christmas productions which may help with ideas. Why not do a simple Nativity tableau to some simple Christmas songs - one to get them on bit by bit, one while they are there and one to finish off?

Thanks for your reply - I've been meaning to reply sooner but time has escaped me and other aspects of school ahve taken over.

Just a quick question (hopefully its not a daft question) but what do you mean by a nativity tableau?

Many thanks

Becky

A tableau is when the children make a picture of a scene. So the nativity tableau would start with Mary, Joseph and the donkey journeying to the stable and sitting in place. Mary picks up the baby from the crib. All the other Nativity characters enter bit by bit, the angels, shepherds, and kings with their gifts and arranged around Mary and Joseph. Most children can be fitted into this, the kings can have attendants for example, or Mary and Joseph could journey in following a star. All very traditional and simple and easy. You could get away with two carols if you picked the right ones, but I think three would be better.

As an alternative this pageant was added by LJW a few years ago, and can be adapted to be as short or long as you wish.

Christmas_words_for_pageant.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)