Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 3

:o hi does any one have any ideas i could use to develop positive self image and identity(c.5.5- R7,8,9,10) Gender,racial and cultural,disability, or family grouping any ideas i could use would be greatly appreciated.

Lily,

Will get back to you on this one. :o My tesco's delivery has arrived and I must go and unpack it before all my frozen stuff defrosts. :D Then I've got a daughter who needs picking up from nursery. I won't forget though. :D

The post Rea was referring to is here

C5.5

There is a good range of multi cultural resources for sale nowadays. It's especially important to reflect the cultures/languages of the children in your setting. You can also get books, jigsaws and posters which show a range of people in various jobs and situations, including disabled and a variety of family groups.

Thank for your help everyone ,just getting used to the site so forgive me if i take a while to get back to you. So glad you got a forum dealing with N.V.Q as I'm sure i will constantly be using it. I am really struggling with it as i seemed to have to get on with it my self .Not a lot of support from my assessor I'm afraid, never get to see her ,let alone get assesed.I have only been working as a nursery assistant for ten months so everything is new to me,just getting my head round obs and planning is enough to do as I'm sure you know ,i sometimes wander if ill ever get through this,but i love the job so i'll keep going.Sorry if I'm rambling but its good to talk, so they say. Bye for now.

Dear Lily

Hang in there with the NVQ. It took me nearly 2 years to do mine. We decided to build an extension so this delayed my studies but my tutor assured me I could continue to attend college when the second year started to finish off the optional units. The college then cancelled the evening class I was attending and I was left pretty much to my own devices. Thank goodness I had a great support network in my setting, collegues who answered all my hundreds of questions and I was fortunate to have my supervisor at the setting as my assessor, she was brilliant. So plod on and if you can't ask your collegues jump on to the site and ask us. :)

As for developing positive self-image, there are lots of good books; 'Something Else' by K Cave and I have recently been recommened a book called 'But Martin' by June Counsel.

A little game for circle time, put a mirror in a box with a lid. Pass to each child asking them to look in the book where they will see something really special. Ask them not to say what they saw until the end and then ask them all what special thing they saw.

Hope this helps,

Sue :)

Dear Lily

Hang in there with the NVQ. It took me nearly 2 years to do mine. We decided to build an extension so this delayed my studies but my tutor assured me I could continue to attend college when the second year started to finish off the optional units. The college then cancelled the evening class I was attending and I was left pretty much to my own devices. Thank goodness I had a great support network in my setting, collegues who answered all my hundreds of questions and I was fortunate to have my supervisor at the setting as my assessor, she was brilliant. So plod on and if you can't ask your collegues jump on to the site and ask us. :)

As for developing positive self-image, there are lots of good books; 'Something Else' by K Cave and I have recently been recommened a book called 'But Martin' by June Counsel.

A little game for circle time, put a mirror in a box with a lid. Pass to each child asking them to look in the book where they will see something really special. Ask them not to say what they saw until the end and then ask them all what special thing they saw.

Hope this helps,

Sue :)

thankyou that is a really nice idea,will definatley use it. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)