Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Plays

For years our setting has performed the same nativity play and now its time for something new. Any ideas? Need something with simple catchy tunes and perhaps a few words..... I dont mind being the narrator.

Any ideas welcome

P.S. This is my first posting so I hope it works!

Welcome to the Forum, heidiho!

I think this has been discussed on here recently - we don't do this kind of performance in pre-school so I can't offer much advice!

Maz

Had a look at Sleepy Shepherd and listened to songs - it looks lovely. While on the Out of the Ark website, I realised that the Christmas play my (primary) school is doing, chosen by head is for age 7-11. Do other primary schools do one whole school play or an infant one and a junior one? I think our Christmas play is another time when Foundation stage (and infants altogether) are marginalised. Not to be getting too bolshy or anything!!

When I was in a primary mainstream juniors didn't do the nativity at all, it was just the infants. Y1 and 2 did one and Nursery and reception did another.

In my current school we only have 70 children so the whole school take part.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)