Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Harry And The Dinosaurs Books

Just wondering if everyone has got their books to give out to reception children yet? I got my teachers pack (big book, teaching ideas, stickers, bookmarks etc) a couple of weeks ago. But no books for the children as yet. I'm hoping to have a week on dinosaurs next week for our 'Creative arts' week at school and was hoping they'd be here by now!

I got mine about 2 weeks ago and we are having a dinosaur week this week, so far we've made model dinosaurs and are going to make labels for them Jane-osaurous etc! Children are loving it and it has evoked lots of discussion about the past and living things etc. I hope you get your books soon :)

I think it might just be for schools but visit http://www.booktime.org.uk/Home for more info.

Hi,

I gave my stickers and book marks out on Friday as I found somewhere that it was a special book day( can't remember where) and we had a dinosaur day the children loved it and so we have devleoped it further this week and thjey ar enow designing their own dinosaurs which we are going to label later this week. I rang the company because my book packs still haven't arrived and they addmitted that they have been delayed but should be in schools in the next couple of weeks. My class loved the big book and overall it was much better than the Funnybones books last year. I think it's an ok book but several of the parents at school objected to reception children recieving it and wrote to the publishers to say why.

Hopefully we will all get our lovely book packs soon and the children can enjoy sharing the book at home.

Nicky Sussex :oxD:(

Hi,

I gave my stickers and book marks out on Friday as I found somewhere that it was a special book day( can't remember where) and we had a dinosaur day the children loved it and so we have devleoped it further this week and thjey ar enow designing their own dinosaurs which we are going to label later this week. I rang the company because my book packs still haven't arrived and they addmitted that they have been delayed but should be in schools in the next couple of weeks. My class loved the big book and overall it was much better than the Funnybones books last year. I think it's an ok book but several of the parents at school objected to reception children recieving it and wrote to the publishers to say why.

Hopefully we will all get our lovely book packs soon and the children can enjoy sharing the book at home.

Nicky Sussex :oxD:(

Thanks for letting me know that! I was beginning to panic that I had missed them! Hopefully they we be here by the end of next week!

Just wondering if everyone has got their books to give out to reception children yet? I got my teachers pack (big book, teaching ideas, stickers, bookmarks etc) a couple of weeks ago. But no books for the children as yet. I'm hoping to have a week on dinosaurs next week for our 'Creative arts' week at school and was hoping they'd be here by now!

Hi Bethie,

I only said the same thing this morning. I got my teacher pack 3 weeks ago but the children's books still haven't materialised. Letter did say expect books in September. Last year the funnybones books appeared with the teachers packs so we didn't have this problem. If your big book arrived with your teacher pack could you not use that as a whole class read?

Helen.

Hi Bethie,

I only said the same thing this morning. I got my teacher pack 3 weeks ago but the children's books still haven't materialised. Letter did say expect books in September. Last year the funnybones books appeared with the teachers packs so we didn't have this problem. If your big book arrived with your teacher pack could you not use that as a whole class read?

Helen.

Hi Helen, Yes I am going to use the big book next week. I just thought it would be nice to give them out at the end of the week after we had done a week on it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)