Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Going On A Bear Hunt

Hi,

Does anyone have any interesting activities for Were Going on a Bear Hunt? Because our focus is Feel and Sense i thought this would be a good story to use.

we did this as part of 'journeys'. We had a day when the chidlren brought their binoculars, hads, back packs etc etc all to go on a bear hunt. Their wore wellies and we went throught eh grass(forest) then we had a paddling pool with water that they splashed through, compost (mixed with water) that they trudged through, snow was white streaters tied between trees and finally we had a tent with the bear in. I wrote a letter to parents telling them about the bear hunt and what they chidlren might need but the chidlren came up with their own list and we went with it.

After the hunt, there were some chidlren who showed 'violent 'tendecies about what they would do to the bear (had he been caught) So the bear wrote them a letter the next day about how sad he was that he had no friends etc etc and it generated a lot of letter writing amongst the children. The bear wrote back and the communication continued for 3 weeks. the chidlren really enjoyed it and wanted to do it agin and this time, we had our older childre (yr 5) join us. They got into the spirit and enjoyed it as well.

Hi Rocket

You know the bit when they squelch through the mud, you could fill your water table with squelchy things.

ie flour and water paste

cornflour mixed with water, this really glupy

You could then use food colouring to dye it mud colour.

Really messy but jolly good fun :D

Sue

Make a snow storm. Collect clear plastic bottles and fill them with water and white glitter. Shake well and watch the snow fall. I also grew grass in the builders tray and made mud from crepe paper and water (this will stain hands). Oh and the best part was making a dark cave. :o

I soooo love this site, logged in today, found this article and guess what, next week our topic is "My favourite Story" and just yesterday I went out to buy "We're going on a bear hunt'

Now I've got a few more ideas of how we can enjoy the story.

Thanks everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)