Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tissue Paper Tree!

Right. About to tear my hair out!! .......

Desperately trying to create a tree archway over the entrance door to our preschool. A type of celebration tree which we add individual leaves to as and when the children do something special/have a brother or sister born etc etc.

I have the resources but can i do it??!!! No!! I looks nothing like a tree GRRRR

I don't suppose anyone has any kind words os wisdom, or has anyone got a picture of something like this that I can try replicate....or should i just admit defeat and transfer idea to a flat display board hmph!

Jellytots :o

We have made a 3d tree in the past using scrunched up brown paper for the trunk and branches, and I have to say I looked at it and didn't believe it looked like a tree at all. Left my manager with it for half an hour and returned the next day to all the children exclaiming about the tree that had grown overnight - it looked fab. I'm afraid I can't help you with yours as I don't have a picture but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone! Have you completed the tree as I think it was the finishing touches that sealed ours?

I like the idea of a 'celebration tree' but sorry to disappoint but I think that if it is as high as a doorway, then it won't be at child height level for the children to appreciatte what is displayed at the top of the arch.

Maybe could you do the display on a wall at cild height, then children can add their own 'celebratory' leaves.

Peggy

depends on setting and if you can leave things out.and space . but another hall user where we are had an enormous branch which they had in a bucket of concrete for a similar thing.. they had it for a celebration tree and it was around for ages.. it had been decorated with tissue flowers and child height...

Our tree is painted on the wall for children to stick leaves on at their level.. height chart at present with leaves falling as that is their big thing, (collecting them) but will change as year progresses...

Inge

have you thought about using withys? (willow) you can attach them to a wall using gaffa or masking tape and then cover up the tape with tissue paper of the leaves you are making. Maybe having 'branches' would be easier than a full tree?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)