Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Play On

Has anyone got any suggestions for how I can develop play within our Nursery? Every situation- outdoor, small world etc.etc. just seems to end up with a goodies v baddies situation or a giant comes along! Our children seem to find it very hard to play and I'm conscious that they need to be shown and invovled before they can do it for themselves.

How can I move their play on without directing it too much> Thanks

At least yours seem to have some sort of narrative!! Ours just spread everything around and move on to the next clean looking area (which isn't clean for long). We are currently having to go right back to basics and work firmly on pretend play, how we can use stories we know from books to make pretend or how we can make a story using the resources. Instead of catapulting them at each other and then kicking them on the way somewhere else!! :o

ooo good idea

were having a few 'probs' with a small group of children who are very into their role play and it usually ends up goodies v baddies with noisy consequences.

Story lines...... I'll give it a go tomorow,

cheers

em x

At least yours seem to have some sort of narrative!! Ours just spread everything around and move on to the next clean looking area (which isn't clean for long). We are currently having to go right back to basics and work firmly on pretend play, how we can use stories we know from books to make pretend or how we can make a story using the resources. Instead of catapulting them at each other and then kicking them on the way somewhere else!! :o

ooh you,ve been spying on us haven't you!!

Seriously I cant remember the last time we had so many children together who have no idea of how to play- either with each other or with resources. We've ended up packing away a lot of things as they just seem to throw them around or as Shiny says kicking them as they move onto the next thing to demolish! Funnily enough we have a larger then normal percentage come from other groups this year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)