Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Monitoring Planning

I've just had some planning feedback from the head in my primary school and we've come to the conclusion that we need a different pro-forma for her to monitor my planning against than the one the rest of the school has (surprise, surprise!) Anyway, now we're both agreed on this, she set me the task of coming up with one. I thought about including planning from children's interests, balance between adult-led and child-initiated activities, balnace between indoor and outdoor... Do any of you lovely people have any examples you could let me have a look at? Thank you!

Hi Emmajess,

I can't help you with your query but I'm going to move this into the planning section of the forum. Also, have you looked at some of the other discussions about planning on the forum? You may find something that will be helpful whilst you're waiting for replies. :o

Hi emmajess.

There are lots of planning samples that members have kindly shared with us, some are in the resource library, some will be found by doing a search for 'planning'.

However I just wonder what exactly the head is after in terms of monitoring and can you adapt what you already use, especially if you find it helpful. is there soemthing you feel is missing or not quite right in what you do now?

I would think that one aspect to look at when monitoring the planning is the question of whether the planning process is 'cost effective' in terms of time and quality of end results.

Could your head use the SMART criteria?

S - specific, significant, stretching

M - measurable, meaningful, motivational

A - agreed upon, attainable, achievable, acceptable, action-oriented

R - realistic, relevant, reasonable, rewarding, results-oriented

T - time-based, timely, tangible, trackable

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)