Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Eyfs Planning

This is my EYFS planning

im a childminder with my mum we have 8 children under the age of 5 (only 2 of them come full time) now 2 of them go to school in the moring and 3 go to pre-school and 2 are under 1 years and 1 is due to start pre-school in jan2009

What we do is we observe 2 children each week and then the week after we do the next step we also so little snap shot obsavtions all the time aswell

we plan around the childrens intrests and also do some topic's aswell

at the end of each month i write down what each child did that month what there enjoyed doing and what it covered its jsut kind of a little review for parents of what thier child has been doing

And it is all linked up in to thier development matters booklet

Activity sheet - we have a sheet a week and when or before we do the activity we fill it in (the evulation bit will be after) and gose up on the board so parents can see what the children being doing

Reaod of adult and child led activities - Each child has one of these sheets and after each activity there have done i fill it in what the activity how there did with it etc

obsavtion and assessment sheet - this is the obsavtion sheet which we will in

snap shot obsavtion sheet - this is where we write our ramdon obsavtions down

Record_of_adult_and_child_led_activities.doc

Activity.doc

obsevation_and_assessment_sheet.doc

Snap_shot_observation.doc

30___40_months.doc

Hannah - it seems to me that your planning and observation systems are very comrehensive! And that your parents are given lots of information about what their children do when they are with you. How do parents contribute to your planning?

Maz

This is my EYFS planning

im a childminder with my mum we have 8 children under the age of 5 (only 2 of them come full time) now 2 of them go to school in the moring and 3 go to pre-school and 2 are under 1 years and 1 is due to start pre-school in jan2009

What we do is we observe 2 children each week and then the week after we do the next step we also so little snap shot obsavtions all the time aswell

we plan around the childrens intrests and also do some topic's aswell

at the end of each month i write down what each child did that month what there enjoyed doing and what it covered its jsut kind of a little review for parents of what thier child has been doing

And it is all linked up in to thier development matters booklet

Activity sheet - we have a sheet a week and when or before we do the activity we fill it in (the evulation bit will be after) and gose up on the board so parents can see what the children being doing

Reaod of adult and child led activities - Each child has one of these sheets and after each activity there have done i fill it in what the activity how there did with it etc

obsavtion and assessment sheet - this is the obsavtion sheet which we will in

snap shot obsavtion sheet - this is where we write our ramdon obsavtions down

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ma

ny thanks for the snapshot observations sheet.

I was picked up on these by the moderators because although I was just doing short ones on post-its, they wanted information about the context, whether it was child initated or adult led, which areas of learning it covered and what the next steps were, all to be shown on the observation.

As I'm not so good at boxes and tables your observation sheet has saved me a lot of time, I've just changed the headings where I've needed to. Hahaha, I'm ready for them now!

Many, many thanks for this, I owe you a bottle of wine!

Maisie

PS. I've hopefully attached my version incase it's of any use to someone else.

Snapshot_obs.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)