Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Golden Rules Again!

Thanks to everyone for the advice. We are going to have a Ruby Rules puppet to help us to implement the 5 'Golden Rules' I feel five is plenty for 3-4 year olds.

These are my thoughts..

We have caring hands

We have gently voices

We help our friends

We take care of our toys and books

We help to tidy away.

What do you think?

Has anyone any ideas where I can get picture images to prompt the childrem which are really simple. The picture can them heklp as a reminder. Perhaps someone could share their ideas??

Thanks to everyone

Sunshine :o

I love your 'rules' Sunshine - and I agree that five is enough for children of that age!

As for pictures - have you tried Google images? Its usually a great source of photos/clip art etc.

And then could you build up your library of photos showing your children following these rules? I think this is a great way of celebrating children's achievements and providing powerful role models for themselves at the same time!

Maz

Hiya sorry Ive been so busy back to uni and all!! :o

What I do when introducing kind hands is cut out so many red hands (the activity wherever i read it suggested black but I didnt like the idea that black is bad xD ) and cut out quite a few other colour we go with flesh coloured. the children can help.

At circle/group time i talk about kind or helpful hands the children contribute and we wrote these on the hands for eg

tidying up

pushing chairs in

helping

holding hands

and those you mentioned

we pin these up on our helpful tree (sometimes this is 2d on the display board sometimes it is 3d and made from twigs in the garden in a bucket.

now get the red hands and talk about unkind unhelpful hands

pushing,hitting, dropping toys on the floor, the children will have lots

as they say them write them on the hands

one by one read them out 'what should we do with these?' (have a bin nearby) and one by one get the children to put them in the bin. this has a massive impact the children talk about it for weeks you may have to remind some ' where did the unkind,unhelpful hands go'? i stick the written hands round the bucket or the tree display.

Hope it gives you some ideas

Andrea

Edited by Andreamay

oh and the staff watch the children over the comming weeks and at group time a child will beable to put a hand on the tree when seen to do something kind or helpful. make sure all the children go on the tree adlulst too but we dont give it away they have to earn it!! :o

oh and the staff watch the children over the comming weeks and at group time a child will beable to put a hand on the tree when seen to do something kind or helpful. make sure all the children go on the tree adlulst too but we dont give it away they have to earn it!! xD

Love it! Am going out searching for trees later! :o

Thaanks everyone , I will try to find images to match the rules. Love the advice from everyone. Isn't this a wonderful site?

I will attach to poster images when they are done!

Thanks again

we did hands are for helping not for hurting display have tried to upload but wont let me anyone know why

Those sorts of technical things are probably out of my capability! What sort of file is it you're trying to upload?

Thanks to everyone for the advice. We are going to have a Ruby Rules puppet to help us to implement the 5 'Golden Rules' I feel five is plenty for 3-4 year olds.

These are my thoughts..

We have caring hands

We have gently voices

We help our friends

We take care of our toys and books

We help to tidy away.

What do you think?

Has anyone any ideas where I can get picture images to prompt the childrem which are really simple. The picture can them heklp as a reminder. Perhaps someone could share their ideas??

Thanks to everyone

Hi Sunshine

We at our playgroup have taken pictures of the children for playgoups expectations. We will share, We will be kind to one another,We will listen to each other, We will help to tidy away the toys and we will not hurt anyone. We have also put these all on a display board with quotes from our behavourial policy, which Ofsted liked and also the parents can see how we deal with matters if and when they may arise.

Hope this helps xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)