Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Science Obs For Ofsted

We've just been told today that we've got a whole school Science OFSTED inspection in 2 weeks. Our current theme is 'clothes'. We have a launderette as a role play area and I plan to do something investigatory around fabrics. Initial idea is washing different types of fabrics in the water tray and putting them out to dry - which dries the quickest or at all?

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks

We had a whole school science ofsted about 2 years ago.

If you are in reception he would see lots of KUW with various activities that are out...... he did with us, and we just tried to up the anty a little where KUW was concerned that day!!

Obviously if you are not in reception this won't be much help!

Sorry

As Scarlettangel says the advice or ideas would be different depending on whether you are in FS or in Y1. In FS there will be lots of K&U within continuous provision and you may want to add enhancements which support that and the children's interests. In Y1 it might be more dependent on the school scheme of work.

We've just been told today that we've got a whole school Science OFSTED inspection in 2 weeks. Our current theme is 'clothes'. We have a launderette as a role play area and I plan to do something investigatory around fabrics. Initial idea is washing different types of fabrics in the water tray and putting them out to dry - which dries the quickest or at all?

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks

Children could deliberately put stains on some fabric to send to the launderette using different things - paint, glue, beetroot, felt tip, chocolate etc etc etc and see which comes out/off most / least easily. could also try different ways of washing things - scrubbing brush, washboard, hand washing...

Children could deliberately put stains on some fabric to send to the launderette using different things - paint, glue, beetroot, felt tip, chocolate etc etc etc and see which comes out/off most / least easily. could also try different ways of washing things - scrubbing brush, washboard, hand washing...

Great idea. Yes it's Reception that I teach. I'm guessing it's just the Science element of KUW. Just had another idea to experiment with different fastenings eg zips, Velcro, buttons etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)