Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wages!

Suitable wage and what you can afford are often two very different things.. really depends on circumstances etc.. Sorry cannot really help with this one.. we get paid by the hour depending on shifts available at different times of year.. our manager is hands on and included in ratios though..cannot afford not to...

Inge

Have you tried looking in the back of nursery world to see the jobs advertised there? This is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions...

You might also do a bit of research - the Pre-school Learning Alliance has just done a salaries survey, (so has the National Day Nurseries Association, I think) and the DCSF has recently done one too. That will give you ball park figures which might help. But as Inge says, it rather depends on the type of group you are, level of qualifications and experience etc. And also how much money there is in the pot. Which, given the nature of early years, is probably not a lot!

Sorry - not much help, I know!

Maz

sorry should have given a few more details!!

The roole includes total running of setting with 70 children on books

looking aafter 4 term time staff who all work all day as we run as we run am and ppm sessions

all admin,wages,and day to day running

sorry should have given a few more details!!

The roole includes total running of setting with 70 children on books

looking aafter 4 term time staff who all work all day as we run as we run am and ppm sessions

all admin,wages,and day to day running

sorry also forgot to say qualified to level 3 and working on foundation degree at present ,other qualifiactions,child protection,makaton sign language plus lots of othe small courses

Hi

I was 'Manager' of a pre-school setting with 80 children on the books, running 10 sessions per week and looking after 14 staff (10 permanent and 4 releif) and I got £8.54 p/h. I worked in sessions and had no non contact time although was paid 3 hours per week for all the admin which I did t home. I am level 4 with CP, first aid etc etc.

Hope that helps a bit, but you might like to know that I left that position due to the increasing work load (they got rid of the committee and wanted me to take on their role too!), spending most evenings doing paperwork etc etc. But like the others have said, its what the pre-school could afford.

jx

Hi,

I am manager of a preschool with 34 children registered, were open 5 mornings. I have one morning per week in the office and look after 4 other members of staff. I'm level 3 qualified and get paid £7.47 per hour which is all the committee can afford to pay me.

em x

Hi, i'm Manager of full Day setting we open 7 sessions per week. I have 10 staff to manage as we have special needs children attending. We have 36 children attending across the week. I work 4 sessions, am undertaking Foundation Degree (which is funded seperately), i have 1 session admin paid. I am paid £7.92 per hour. I just don't think there's any more money in pre-schools unfortunately.