Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Small Decked Area

hi

for quite some time i have had scaffolding up around my house

the front garden still has no gates and the brick wall is low

sooo i want to use a part of my back garden for "outdoor provision" but because i have dogs

i am only using a small area at the patio doors...

the decking is hard for small children and i used a "Grass like " mat looked good but not sure

what else to do with the area

would like waterproof materials and a plastic table, sand water table set etc

i looked in at tesco and not found anything that fits the bill any ideas PLEASE

WHAT do you do? Argos had good stuff but its now the winter book and not much outdoor (small) toys

was thinking of foam mats with letters n numbers but where can i get them from?

sorry i was excited about getting my garden back but its now blowing a gail and thunderstorm!! :o

xx

Hi.

We also have a decked area just outside, though it's not small it is split level (which is a right pain in the neck), I have provided a few small ride ons & lots of large out door chalk for the children to chalk on the walls / deck. It washes off in the rain & they really enjoy it. We also take the dolls / other toys out there to bath them & do lots of our messy activities out there, when it's not chucking it down that is.

Have you tried getting some bits & bobs from car boots, that way you can replace them in the spring when everyone is selling outdoor toys?

I have a fantastic book called "Great Gardens for Kids" by Clare Matthews ISBN 0-7537-1283-0 rrp £14.99 (I found mine in TKMaxx for £3.99 amongst the kids books)

It has fab ideas for a toddler play deck,m including plans and directions for a folding play house! They've also added a shade sail, a "mini" sand pit using an old car tyre, wind chimes, wall mounted chalk board & white board, and a raised wooden bed filled with grasses, pebbles, fir cones etc.

I've found it SO inspiring - it made me look at my garden and the way I used it in lots of new ways. My copy of the book is well thumbed and has been out on loan to many friends and family for use in their gardens, schools and nurseries.

Nona

p.s try tesco direct clearance section for foam mats - they had hopscotch & alphabet the last time I looked

• 4 weeks later...
I have a fantastic book called "Great Gardens for Kids" by Clare Matthews ISBN 0-7537-1283-0 rrp £14.99 (I found mine in TKMaxx for £3.99 amongst the kids books)

It has fab ideas for a toddler play deck,m including plans and directions for a folding play house! They've also added a shade sail, a "mini" sand pit using an old car tyre, wind chimes, wall mounted chalk board & white board, and a raised wooden bed filled with grasses, pebbles, fir cones etc.

I've found it SO inspiring - it made me look at my garden and the way I used it in lots of new ways. My copy of the book is well thumbed and has been out on loan to many friends and family for use in their gardens, schools and nurseries.

Nona

p.s try tesco direct clearance section for foam mats - they had hopscotch & alphabet the last time I looked

After reading this post, I looked on ebay and managed to get this book. I only paid £1.99, plus postage! It's brilliant so many thanks nona. My childminder friend had a look at it and has taken the book details so she can get it too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)