Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stories With Caves In?

Guest heleng

We have a cave in our role play area with a giant spider's web in (the children were catching spiders all last week).

I would like to extend their play and have been using We're going on a bear hunt. Can anyone else think of any stories with caves in them please?

Can't You Sleep Litttle Bear? There's several stories in this series about Big Bear and Little Bear.can't remember author

And we've got the newish story by Michael Rosen which I think is a sort of follow on from Bear Hunt it's got the same sort of rhythm althugh personally i was a bit disapointed by, they (last year's children)loved it

Posy

Can't You Sleep Litttle Bear? There's several stories in this series about Big Bear and Little Bear.can't remember author

And we've got the newish story by Michael Rosen which I think is a sort of follow on from Bear Hunt it's got the same sort of rhythm althugh personally i was a bit disapointed by, they (last year's children)loved it

Posy

Martin Waddell wrote that series - lovely illustrations :o

There's a website that has some fabulous clips of bats and other cave dwellers, too - trying to find it for you - not really suitable for the children to navigate, but good as a whole group thingy.

Ah - there it is http://www.cavebiota.com/

Edited by Guest

Theres a story about Jesus' familys flight to Egypt at the time when Herod ordered the killing of all the boys under a year. Apparently the family sheltered in a cave one night and the spiders wove curtain to keep them warm across the cave mouth. When the soldiers came by the didn#t bother to seach the cave because it was clear no one had gone in because it was covered by spiders webs.

Al

The bear in a cave.. Michael Rosen is a follow up to bear hunt..

suggest you get one with a CD as at first reading it really is rather odd.. but if you read it as the expression marks say you should it really does make sense and our children love it.

Inge

The octopus in Rainbow Fish does live in a cave.

The Brave Little Bear Story (sorry can't remember the author) uses the cave it also has great PSED links for making friends and helping each other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)